1 day left
- Full Time
Location: Bristol, Burton, Dorking, Glasgow Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Industry: Aerospace, Defence, Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Power & Energy, Other
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic mechanical engineers who can strengthen our design group. You will join one of our established and growing design teams that specialise in delivering solutions for our clients engineering challenges across a very wide range of industries.
You should be able to apply creative design skills to large, small and complex tasks in a consultancy environment. The role involves taking responsibility for all aspects of design projects from initial scoping of the work and conceptual design to delivery of completed substantiated designs and then supporting these through manufacture and commissioning. It will include project and commercial management or aspects of these.
When involved in a project you will have contact with clients throughout. Typically this will include defining and executing work scope, holding technical meetings, preparing and delivering presentations, attending design reviews and producing technical reports.
All our engineers are also actively involved to varying degrees in the generation of new business by developing relationships with our clients, understanding their needs and preparing bids to support their requirements.
We also require our staff to have the ability and willingness to work on our clients sites when and where required.
You will be able to demonstrate exceptional technical and design skills and the ability to apply these across a range of industries.
A good degree in an engineering discipline is expected. Extensive, relevant industrial experience will also be considered.
A good understanding of the majority of the disciplines listed below will be required.
• Understanding and application of design processes from problem definition and concept generation through to detail design and subsequent manufacturing support.
• Production of design justification through the use of analytical skills (hand calculations and/or FEA).
• Proficiency in 3D CAD, preferably Siemens NX, but also others.
• Report writing, presentation and communication skills.
Experience in or knowledge of the following would be an advantage:
• Nuclear power generation systems and equipment
• Bespoke equipment design
• Test facility design (static or rotating rigs)
• Working in the defence domain