Trials and Measurement Engineer
4 days left
- Full Time
Trials and Measurement Engineer Location: Dorking
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Industry: Marine, Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Power & Energy, Transport
We are currently seeking a degree or doctorate qualified engineer with a background in trials and measurement to support measurement programmes across the business.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate experience of field and laboratory based experimental work covering a wide range of technical activities:
• Planning and executing testing programmes, including development of method statements and health and safety risk assessments;
• Sound theoretical and practical understanding of measurement techniques;
• Experience of a range of sensor technologies (e.g. strain, vibration, pressure, load, noise), and understanding of the practical issues involved in specifying instrumentation;
• Theoretical and practical understanding of signal and data analysis techniques;
• Site based forensic investigation, including problem diagnosis and development of high level remedial schemes;
• Measurement to compliment numerical modelling;
• Measurement to supporting operational and asset integrity programmes.
We are looking for candidates who have a strong technical background and experience in project management and commercial awareness.
The ability to demonstrate a range of the following attributes is desirable:
• Strong self-motivation with a history of working autonomously;
• Understanding of the risks involved in site based work and experience of managing emergent problems in a logical and pragmatic manner.
• Experience of a consultancy environment would be ideal, including experience with developing bids, customer liaison and business development;
• Candidates would ideally be able to demonstrate experience across a range of industry sectors; marine, power generation, gas turbines, transport or oil and gas;
• Comfortable in client focused roles;
• Strong project and programme management, including working in multi-disciplinary teams;
• Experience of developing procurement specifications and working with suppliers;
• Leading small teams of engineers;
• Experience with training and mentoring junior engineers