Engineering Maintenance Co-ordinator
ABP0054 - Engineering Maintenance Co-ordinator
Fixed-term contract (24 months)
Hours:Out-of-hours and on-call requirement
Salary:Competitive + benefits
ABP is the UK’s leading port operator, with a unique network of 21 ports across England, Scotland and Wales. Our ports include Immingham, the UKs busiest port and Southampton, the nation’s second largest and Europe’s most efficient container port, as well as the UK’s number one for cars and cruise. The group's other activities include rail terminal operations (Hams Hall Rail Terminal), ship's agency, dredging (UK Dredging Ltd), and marine consultancy (ABPmer). Each port also offers a well-established community of port service providers.
In 2014 ABP and its customers handled 94.5 million tonnes of cargo. Together with our customers, we support 84,000 jobs and contribute £5.6 billion to the UK economy every year.
A network of ports the size of ours cannot operate without ensuring that all of our vital component parts are working to their greatest levels of efficiency and productivity. Any downtime costs a business like ours heavily. So we need to ensure that that downtime is minimised, and we do that through proactive maintenance of our machinery.
Ensuring we run smoothly and efficiently comes from knowing as soon as possible if there is a fault, and also planning any potential work that needs to be undertaken on equipment that will keep it live and productive. That is where our Engineer Maintenance Co-ordinator comes in. You will ensure that we are on top of all planned maintenance and that we react as quickly as possible to unforeseen maintenance requirements. Your job will be to co-ordinate all the trades that are needed to get the faulty machinery up-and-running again, or to undertake planned upgrades/fixes.
• Ensure all necessary ‘Safe Systems of Work’ and ‘Risk Assessments’ are prepared, available and issued to the maintenance staff.
• Monitor budgets assigned to Engineering maintenance works.
• Obtain best value for ABP when either awarding external works or purchasing plant, equipment and or materials.
• Monitor and progress both fault report work and statutory inspections and ensure works are undertaken and completed as required.
• Attend break down situations during both normal hours and out of hours in order to convey specific knowledge and give guidance.
Skills and Experience
You may come from a factory planning environment where you have scheduled and reacted to engineering maintenance requirements, or from a similar setting, where planning and co-ordination of works to be undertaken are required. As long as you have the engineering qualification (ONC/HNC or equivalent) and background, in order to know if something is an easy fix or a large-scale problem, then you have the perfect skill-set we are looking for.
In addition you will bring:
• Previous coordination/planning experience using a range of tools and techniques
• Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
• Budgetary awareness
• IOSH trained
• Safety awareness and CDM Regulations
• Computer skills (Microsoft applications to include Word, Excel & Outlook)
• CMMS experience (Mainsaver)
When joining ABP you will find an environment that is both welcoming and challenging. We reward our employees well and offer a generous remuneration package, employer pension, private health insurance and a range of other benefits.
Please note that ABP undertake random screening for substance abuse and operate a zero tolerance policy. A medical will be required before starting this position also.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their background, which helps us to provide a diverse and inclusive working environment.