Engineering Manager / Maintenance Engineer Lead - Process Plant
Job Title: Engineering Manager
Location: Stanlow, Cheshire
Job Type: Full Time. Permanent
Closing date: 14th October 2016
Our Client is the UK's leading waste-to-energy biodiesel producer with operations in Scotland and North West England and has always been privately owned. Their main plant, near Motherwell in Scotland, started production in 2005. Following significant investment to facilitate growth and development, a number of facilities are being built in the Stanlow area. The Company specialises in the production and supply of high grade, sustainable diesel made from waste fats and oils deliberately excluding any raw materials that could also be used for food or feed.
They are currently looking to recruit for an Engineering Manager for their plant based in Stanlow, Cheshire. This is a hands-on and practical role, with responsibility for the full maintenance programme (including corrective, preventive, risk-based and condition-based maintenance) for the site; stock control of spares and equipment, budgetary control, adhering to safety and industry regulations. You will be required to manage a small team of Maintenance Engineers.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Produce and document a "Critical Spares "list for site.
- Ensure the re-ordering of spares is carried out in a swift and timely manner and all necessary equipment / spares are on site to allow smooth plant operations.
- Install / maintain and update the stores system on site.
- Monitor and maintain good housekeeping within the stores/ workshop/ container areas.
- Set up machinery files as defects and repairs occur to build up a data base.
- Document all pumps and heat exchangers on site in file and maintain records of cleaning, maintenance and repairs.
- Co-ordinate on site contractors for repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure adequate supplies of grease and oils on site at all times.
- Ensure swift and timely repairs of any equipment.
- Organise any shutdowns that may be required to carry out maintenance or repairs.
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance is carried out as required and a maintenance programme is in place and documented which will include planned site visits and reports.
- Ensure departmental housekeeping is of a high standard.
- Ensure all work undertaken is done so in accordance with company policy and in a safe manner.
- Ensure all preventative maintenance systems meet with external requirements i.e SEPA
- Ensure quality checks are carried out accurately and all required data is recorded as required.
- Use specified running methods to ensure the plant is operated as specified.
- Highlight deviations from standard and implement corrective actions as required.
- Health and Safety
- Ensure a thorough knowledge of your Health & Safety responsibilities.
- Always wear Personal Protective Equipment as required. Take responsibility for your own PPE ensuring appropriate storage and care.
- Always strive to work in a manner safe to yourself and others and report any hazards immediately.
- Ensure all staff and visitors operates in compliance with Safety regulations
- Full responsibility for the safety of team members
- Actively participate in addressing Safety, Health and Environmental issues affecting the production areas, ensuring the relevant S, H&E checks are carried out.
- Full knowledge of the Plant Emergency Procedures and associated responses are required
Qualifications/ Knowledge & Experience
- HND (or equivalent) Mechanical/Manufacturing/Electrical Engineering.
- A combined Mechanical / Electrical qualification would be advantageous
Specific Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Previous experience working in a maintenance role essential, including preventative maintenance management and stock control.
- Previous experience of working in a process plant, with a FMCG, Process, Chemical background is advantageous.
- Previous people management experience is required; ability to manage, organise and motivate individuals
- Knowledge and understanding of legislative requirements, pressure systems, electrical and mechanical systems
- IT literate with knowledge and understanding of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
- Candidate must be tenacious, focussed, solution driven and organised with the ability to roll their sleeves up when required.
This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Process Plant Engineer, Engineering Manager, Oil & Energy Engineering Manager, Engineering Coordinator, Senior Engineer, Engineering Coordinator, Engineering Consultant, Senior Engineering Advisor, Mechanical Engineering Manager, Electrical Engineering Manager, Manufacturing Engineering Manager, HND, Maintenance Engineering Manager, Engineering Project Manager may also be considered for this role.