Location: Bristol, Burton, Dorking, Glasgow, Plymouth, Warrington
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Industry: Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Power & Energy, Transport
Our structural analysis team comprises over seventy engineers in our Bristol, Burton, Dorking, Glasgow, Plymouth and Warrington offices.
Undertaking work across many industries, we support our clients from the evaluation of concepts to life extension and decommissioning. To carry out these assessments, we use a variety of tools and techniques ranging from hand-calculations and code assessment through to complex finite element modelling.
Engineers working within our teams therefore have the opportunity to challenge themselves, grow and develop through delivering interesting and varied projects for a range of different clients and industries.
As a consequence of our success and high customer demand, the structural analysis team continues to grow. We are, therefore, seeking experienced engineers for roles in all our offices. As we are a consultancy, the activities you will be part of are diverse. Therefore, depending on your experience, you will be involved in the technical delivery and leadership of analysis projects, technical oversight, review of the work of other staff and developing and maintaining relationships with our clients.
Though not essential for all of our roles, it would be advantageous if you could also demonstrate experience in one or more of the following:
• Assessments of structures to determine remaining life accounting for fatigue, fracture, plasticity or creep (with knowledge of appropriate industry codes and standards).
• Familiarity with equipment, plant and facilities
• A general-purpose finite element analysis package, such as Abaqus or Ansys.
• Pipe stressing using CAESAR II, ADLPipe, PSA5, etc.
• Modelling of dynamic events such as shock, blast, impact, crashworthiness, or seismic events.
• Vibration and system dynamics.