Team Leader - Mathematical Modelling Location: Bristol
Team Leader - Mathematical Modelling
Salary: Competitive + benefits
To lead an existing and expanding group that provides mathematical modelling consultancy services to a wide range of clients and industries. The work of the Mathematical Modelling group is the development and delivery of new engineering models, which are typically delivered as software: this entails a diverse range of modelling, including physics-based, operational, cost and economic modelling, and model-based systems engineering. The primary responsibilities of the role are to ensure high quality technical delivery from the group, and to plan for and deliver capability growth.
The role involves managing and/or assisting and advising the groups' projects from initiation to delivery, including:
• In collaboration with Business Managers, supporting and delivering business development campaigns
• Generating novel proposal ideas
• Liaising with clients to define requirements
• The design and development of mathematical models and software solutions
• Running models developed for analysis and understanding the impact of the outputs in the context of the client's needs
• Verification and validation of models
• Delivering models or results from models to clients requirements
You will possess a good degree or PhD in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics. You will have exceptional skills in numerical analysis and mathematical modelling.
You will have an impressive track record of conceiving, implementing and exploiting mathematical models in an engineering context.
You will have experience in managing teams. You will have an interest in applying your skills in new areas and contributing to business development.