Chief Engineer - UK Chinook
Chief Engineer - UK Chinook
Gosport, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Boeing Defence UK Ltd. (BDUK) has more than 1,200 employees at 23 locations throughout the United Kingdom, supporting Ministry of Defence (MoD) and US Department of Defense programmes. Over the past five years, BDUK has consolidated Boeing Defense, Space and Security operations in the UK and now generates intellectual property onshore. BDUK also works with selected UK industry partners to deliver improved operational capability and meet evolving customer needs.
We are recruiting for a Chief Engineer - UK Chinook to join our Rotorcraft Support team to take technical responsibility for the “Chinook” part of the business. The successful candidate will be responsible for the technical integrity of the products and services delivered to the Authority for the Chinook programme and other RCS services programmes as required.
Here is a link to learn more about this programme: http://www.boeing.co.uk/products-services/boeing-defence-uk/programmes/rotorcraft-support.page
- Working collaboratively within an integrated customer and supplier team to jointly deliver a portfolio of services and transformation activities.
- Lead and coordinate a multidisciplinary Chinook engineering support team to deliver the full support requirements into the Chinook Through Life Support Customer Support and Chinook Engine Support Arrangement Programmes in accordance with contractual and MAA Regulatory requirements.
- Direct coordination of Material Review Board (MRB) Engineers, Field Service Representatives (FSRs) and Integrated Logistic Support engineering specialists as well as the co-ordination within wider engineering and across other functions to ensure flawless engineering delivery into the Chinook customer throughout the lifecycle of the platform and agreed changes.
- Close liaison across the other Aircraft Support engineering teams of Engineering Design and Mission Assurance will be particularly important. Integrated working with Boeing counterparts in the US and beyond is an essential part of the role. In meeting Customer requirements, the Chief Engineer UK Chinook will be responsible to the Rotorcraft Chief Engineer, In Service Programme Manager and the In Service Engineering Support Manager. To ensure effective programme delivery the role will also require close working with all Chinook programmes, including within the Modification and Upgrade portfolio as well as the In-service customer arena.
- Promote Company Engineering Excellence and the First Time Quality initiative across all engineering functions.
- Ensure technical conduct, progress, performance, and results are executed in compliance with programme requirements, plans, programme charter and Responsibility, Accountability & Authority (RAA).
- Provide technical leadership for the program and associated proposals and be the technical interface to customers and suppliers.
- Provide an effective link between design, production and in-service activity.
- Establish a culture of proactive technical oversight, risk management and rapid issue resolution, providing alternative paths for issue resolution and opening dialogue on technical issues.
- Implement and enforce engineering functional excellence in people, processes, tools, and practices; drive productivity improvements through the use of the Lean+ disciplines; and share Best Practices and Lessons Learned. Furthermore, the Chief Engineer UK Chinook shall establish a culture of ‘help needed’ within the technical community, advocating Mission Assurance, Technical Independent Reviews, Non Advocate Reviews, and ensuring technical expertise across the enterprise are made available as required. In addition the Chief Engineer UK Chinook shall implement a comprehensive root cause and corrective action process and discipline to address all significant technical issues on the program.
- Work with Programme and Operations Management to ensure successful technical delivery and programme execution.
- Work with functional counterparts to understand and ensure process inputs and outputs are clearly defined to enable products and services to meet requirements and delivered on schedule and within costs.
- Chair technical reviews and boards and ensure effective support to Mission Assurance activities.
- Acts as engineering POC for any new tasks/projects. .
- Act as Project Engineer during liaison with modification embodiment team management, Depth maintenance team management, TLCS In-Service Engineering and Certification and Airworthiness Team co-ordinating efforts during any Flight Readiness Report activities.
- Act as Mentor and or Coach to peers.
- Assure overall Technical Integrity of all products and services whilst meeting the requirements of the contract.
- Lead on special investigations and matters of the moment.
- Be responsible for in-service programme technical excellence for identifying resource needs including Technical Lead Engineers, and overseeing the performance of those assigned to the programme.
- Identify the appropriate technical processes, procedures and tools in support of customer requirements.
- Be responsible for formal technical reports and presentations as defined by the appropriate Programme and Engineering Management.
- Be responsible for the formal technical interface between Engineering and the other functions such as Supply Chain and Operations that report to the Programme Manager.
- Significant experience operating CH47 or other rotorcraft within the MAA regulatory environment is essential.
- Experience across a broad spectrum of aircraft maintenance levels, modification programmes and within MoD engineering management positions is highly desirable.
- The successful candidate will be from a multi-disciplinary background with a proven track record of having demonstrated the key competences listed above.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline or closely related technical field.
- Higher level engineering qualification preferred.
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) and corporate membership of appropriate professional institution (e.g. IET, RAeS) desirable.
Click Here to apply.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS.
Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.