Maintenance Technician (Mechanical)
Our client is looking for 2x Maintenance Technicians (Mechanical Bias) to be based at their site in Sheffield.
Candidates must be certified to work with:
* Confined Spaces
This will be working in a Heavy Forge which will involve working with the following types of equipment:
* 10,000 tonne forging press with a fully integrated 300 metre tonne manipulator, centrally controlled through interlocked computers,3 electric overhead cranes (2 × 330 tonne + 100 tonne auxiliary hoist and 1 × 120 tonne service crane + 40 tonne auxiliary hoist)
* 4,000 tonne press with a 80 tonne rail bound manipulator, fully integrated with size control accurate to +/-1mm, 1 electric overhead crane 70 tonne
* 2,500 tonne press with a 50 tonne rail bound manipulator, 8 tonne mobile manipulator, 2 electric overhead crane (1 × 70 tonne + 15 t auxiliary hoist and 1 × 30 tonne + 10 tonne auxiliary hoist)
* Modern re-heating furnaces fired by clean gas and equipped with sophisticated controls to ensure accurate and uniform temperature control
* Computer controlled gas fired horizontal furnaces with a unit capacity of up to 250 tonnes supported by oil and water quench facilities
* Vertical electric resistance furnaces with a maximum unit size of up to 3.7 metres diameter by 21.5 metres deep
* Vertical oil and water quenching facilities of up to 20 metres deep
Shifts will be on a 12 hour basis with potential weekend work.
Rates are negotiable so we would be keen to speak with candidates from all areas of the UK that would be open to a minimum of 6 months work.