Senior Engineering Manager
As a well-established industry supplier to a wide variety of industrial, commercial and leisure marine customers, our client is now looking to expand their team and recruit a Senior Engineering Manager.
The role of the Senior Engineering Manager requires an experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with high standards. Candidates must have ‘on the tools’ experience of the servicing and repair of diesel engines and generator sets.
Team management experience is essential as well as ideally having some experience of business development / sales, and being able to reach financial targets and business objectives.
Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) with suitably transferrable skills and experience are strongly encouraged.
The Senior Engineering Manager will have responsibility for the planning, management and delivery of mechanical engineering services within the company. They will be expected to develop key accounts and win new business, implement strategic plans, manage budgets and meet financial targets.
You will manage the engineering team, co-ordinate jobs, deliver technical services to customers, manage and refine processes, determine staff requirements, mentor employees, and evaluate operational effectiveness.
The Successful Candidate
The key responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the overall financial performance of the business.
- The development of existing customer relationships.
- The tendering and securing of new business accounts.
- Participation in strategic planning workshops.
- Ensuring cost effective delivery of engineering services to customers.
- Management of a growing team of mobile engineers.
- Mentoring employees, co-ordinating training and personal development plans.
- Recruitment and co-ordination of the service team across Cardiff, Swansea, Aberystwyth and Port Dinorwic.
- Manage supplier relationships and grow brand offerings.
Personal Specification & Requirements:
The Senior Engineering Manager will need leadership skills to:
- Provide direction and lead employees from the front.
- Manage personnel relations and human resource issues within the department, such as disciplinary actions, recruitment and promotions.
- Establish expectations of quality and to develop a team environment.
- Implement change and innovation effectively.
- Determine staffing requirements and work.
- Represent the department at strategic meetings.
- Knowledge of the practical application of Mechanical Engineering.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and departmental co-ordination.
- Strong deduction and problem solving skills.
- Good communication and strong written skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook & Project.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Must be a solid team player.
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
- Optional contributory Company Pension scheme
- 20 days annual leave plus Public Holidays
- Mobile phone
- Contribution to industry memberships and journal fees