The Project Engineers are required to assist in the development of a new electro-mechanical product. The successful candidate will have experience of the development of aircraft equipment from concept generation through to qualification and release to service.
* Achieve first pass success for Design Reviews.
* Complete Design Reviews within 1 month of target date.
* Ensure no non-compliant design requirements without customer approval by CDR.
* Ensure projects are compliant with equipment recurring cost targets.
* Successfully execute projects in accordance with PM SPI & CPI objectives
Tasks & Responsibilities
* Establish clear requirements baselines prior to commencement of design.
* Define and lead analyses in support of product design.
* Lead integration design to achieve optimal balance between design requirements such as performance, mass, centre of gravity, safety, maintainability and cost.
* Manage requirements verification throughout project execution to successfully demonstrate compliance for a DDP
* Estimate resource requirements, plan projects and report progress.
* Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with LCM, SOF-E and other internal processes.
* Work with Programme Management to ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with technical, cost and schedule requirements.
* Manage technical risks.
* Manage external suppliers to ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project objectives.
* Cooperate with management to meet the employer's legal duties and take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
Key Skills & Experience
* Must have proven Product Development experience (full life cycle) ideally within an Aerospace environment.
* A strong understanding of mechanical or electromechanical engineering, ideally in the context of aerospace weapons carriage & release equipment.
* Understanding of the operation and maintenance of military aircraft, particularly fast jets & trainer aircraft.
* Understanding of military aircraft airworthiness and certification.
* Experience of the management of aerospace development projects.
* Understanding of systems engineering methods.
* Experience of liaison with customers and suppliers.
* Good written and oral communications skills.
* An analytical approach to problem solving.
* Experience of leading aerospace equipment development projects.
* Experience of working within a structured LCM framework.
* Experience of cooperative working with Project Management specialists.
* Experience of concurrent engineering.
* Experience of customer and supplier liaison.
You will be working with sensitive data and as such you should be willing to undergo BPSS (Baseline) & Disclosure Scotland Security Vetting before being able to commence the contract.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.