Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
Are you a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer who is looking for a challenging new opportunity, and are keen to work in a new environment for a dynamic forward thinking MEP Design Consultancy?
Our client is an established and reputable consultancy based in the UK with offices across the Country and also a few global operations. They specialise in providing complete low carbon, cutting edge designs to the built environment. After a period of continued success in the UK and due to the award of several multi million pound projects in the London and surrounding areas they are looking for a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer to be based at their London office. The position will lead the MEP design of multiple projects which include residential, commercial, retail and mixed used developments.
* Manage engineering designs in line with client brief and/or other project requirements
* Review and provide feedback on designs produced by more junior staff
* Assign tasks to internal team members and quality assure project work and practices
* Monitor resourcing requirements for projects and provide feedback to Associates / Partners
* Under the guidance of a more experienced manager, contribute to the day-to-day management and control of projects (including commercial and financial management, project management, and compliance with QA, environmental and health and safety procedures)
* Provide training and coaching to more junior staff, including acting as a mentor to support those pursuing membership of professional institutions
* Contribute to Practice-wide technical initiatives (such as the development of technical standards, software development, knowledge sharing etc)
* Maintain good technical knowledge of the industry and relevant standards
* Contribute to the preparation of submissions and fee bids
* Build and maintain strong relationships with clients
Key Skills & Experience
* Minimum of 8 years professional experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer
* Chartered with a relevant engineering body such as Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
* Degree Educated in an Mechanical Engineering related discipline
* Demonstrate from experience, the delivery of projects from inception through to completion
* Able to manage an internal multi discipline design on projects successfully.
* Capable, through experience of managing multiple projects at a time
* Possesses good commercial awareness.
* Ability to generate leads from existing and new relationships
* Show knowledge and interest in low carbon design and innovation.
* Demonstrate ability to mentor, nurture and lead junior members of the team.
Job roles like this one don't come up very often, so it shouldn't be overlooked. If you have over eight years experience working for a consultancy or contractor in the UK and you want the opportunity for career progression - this is it. This consultancy are always looking for new technology and new design ideas to enhance their reputation in the industry so if you are interested in working for a forward thinking modern consultancy then this is the role for you. Don't waste time in a role where you don't feel fully satisfied, its time to take a risk and get a new role where the projects are exciting, the opportunities are massive, and the job is unique.
The salary on offer is hugely flexible based on the right person, so apply now and get in touch for more details.