Quality Engineer - Software / Electronics
Quality Engineer - Software / Electronics
This is an immediate requirement for a Software Test Engineer or Quality Engineer with experience of working in an electronics design environment.
A great opportunity has arisen for a Quality Engineer to work for a leading Electronics design company in the South London area. My client takes their Quality Engineering seriously with a specialist team working across all of their current projects. You will be heavily involved across the full development lifecycle and be capable of pushing back on other engineers to ensure the products are of the upmost quality.
The ideal candidate will have decent knowledge or experience in software development, software testing or electronics design. Previous experience of quality engineering is desirable so this role would suite an existing Software Engineer, Software Test Engineer or Electronics Engineer who wishes to experience a change of career. My client has a large engineering team so previous Quality Engineers have moved back into other Engineering roles when it suits them.
JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
Responsibilities for this Quality Engineer role
- This role offers an unparalleled opportunity to gain exposure to our development programs. The right candidate, having an enquiring mind, will learn about many different types of technology and have the forum to display and utilise any existing knowledge.
- The role is primarily concerned with process assurance. It also covers design engineering and the commercial software development of several products. - Raise Corrective Action Requests as necessary to maintain quality levels,
- Investigate issues and write Quality Assurance reports.
- Review customer deliverable documents, change notes and test specifications.
- Conduct vendor assessments for key program suppliers.
- Audit programs.
- Ensure all audit observations and non-conformities are followed through to close out internally and at suppliers.
- Attend customer meetings in-house and at the customer facility e.g. Quality Reviews, Progress Reviews, Safety and Test Readiness Reviews.
- Attend and contribute to Project Design Reviews as panel member.
- Monitor Risk Review & Mitigation process, and provide inputs where necessary.
- Work closely with Program Teams and Engineering to ensure all required quality standards are met for both hardware and software.
- Raising Defect Reports and reviewing internal and customer product Non-conformances.
- Witness test & validation activities.
- Attend Sea Trials and off-site testing as needed.
- Review documentation and product releases.
- Change review with Engineering (Change notes, review boards).
- Carry out and report on technical investigations.
- Inspection of prototype and production equipment as part of Factory Acceptance Testing.
Requirements for this Quality Engineer role
- Batchelor's Degree preferred otherwise equivalent e.g. HND; in science, technical, software or engineering subjects, plus relevant experience. Graduate entry is possible.
- Ability to appraise, comprehend and explain technical issues clearly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A subset of the items listed as desirable below:
- Knowledge of the Engineering Development lifecycle
- Sound engineering and quality knowledge is required.
- Qualified Auditor preferred, otherwise relevant experience of internal auditing and supplier assessment, from a technical perspective.
- Knowledge of modern electronic and mechanical assemblies and manufacturing methods.
- Knowledge of software development, integration and test life cycle and methodologies (e.g. Waterfall, Agile).
- Knowledge of document configuration management processes.
- Knowledge of the marine and/or aerospace technology industries.
Due to the nature of the work at this site, applicants must be capable of achieving SC level UK security clearance. Current clearance is not a requirement.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.