Production Engineering Technician
Production Engineering Technician
My customer has been developing and delivering high quality engineering products and service solutions to the subsea oil and gas industry since the company was founded in 2007. Now, as a result of continued success in the subsea integrity management field and diversification initiatives in other challenging industries, a new opportunity has arisen for a Production Engineering Technician to work in their dynamic team. The position, based at the Head Office in Portishead, will provide an excellent opportunity for a creative and talented individual with the drive to make a real contribution to the growth of the business.
- Collaborate with electrical engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve developmental problems.
- Assemble electrical and electronic prototypes according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Provide point of contact for Supply Chain and QHSE to assist with resolution of Supplier or component issues.
- Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental/prototype electronic equipment, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions.
- Assembly and testing of client deliverable equipment and associated installation components/accessories (i.e. wiring looms) in accordance with engineering documentation, including
- Electronics Assembly
- Mechanical Assembly
- Production Testing & Performance Verification
- Assist engineering in developing production documentation (i.e. Electrical Schematics, Wiring Schedules, Test Procedures) for new products.
- Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical or engineering problems are encountered before, during, and after construction.
- At least five years relevant experience.
- Certification to IPC-A-610/J-STD-001 or equivalent.
Skill & Experience Required:
- Experience in production of high reliability Electronic/Electromechanical assemblies (e.g Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Nuclear, Railway, Medical)
- Skilled in producing prototype electronic assemblies in collaboration with engineering team draft documentation.
- Demonstrates experience in testing of production electronic products in accordance with engineering documentation and company standard procedures.
- Proven experience in applying sound judgement to problem solve and resolve technical issues.
- Ability to work independently with minimal support.
- Detailed knowledge of the requirements of IPC-A-610 (class 3) and/or J-STD-001 (class 3) .Fully qualified to produce/inspect electronics assemblies to the aforementioned standards.
- Proven ability in providing assistance to the engineering team in the development of assembly and test documentation, including Circuit Diagrams, Assembly Drawings and Test Procedures.
- Ability to produce documentation (e.g. circuit diagrams) based upon Engineers draft/sketches
- Proven documentation writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of Commercial awareness.
- Enthusiastic and innovative in finding solutions
- English language fluency, with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work on own initiative, and as part of a team.
- Used to working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Operate with a high level of attention to detail.
The successful candidate must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK