- To successfully co-ordinate the mechanical, electrical and civil engineering activities of company resources, vendors and sub-contractors in the execution of projects, ensuring that contractual obligations are satisfied efficiently and effectively.
- To ensure production of deliverables to programme and within budget.
- To design, specify and requisition in accordance with Industry, Company and Client Standards the mechanical equipment incorporated in projects in which the company participates.
- To review the Client and Company Tender Specifications and Handover Documentation, including the Tender Programme, and to fully define the Project and its scope of works.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, Departmental/Discipline Managers and the allocated Project Team, to assist the Planning Engineer in the preparation of the overall and detailed Project Programmes.
- The day-to-day supervision and co-ordination of staff allocated to the Project.
- To co-ordinate mechanical, electrical and civil design and manage the progress of its development in accordance with the specification and the detailed Project Programme.
- To design in accordance with British Standards (or others of a similar standing as necessary), Company Standards, the Specification and, where appropriate, the Handover Documentation, the mechanical engineering scope of works, always bearing in mind the requirements of and effects on other engineering disciplines.
- To prepare requisitions for equipment, materials and services for submission to Purchasing, to assess the technical content of returned quotations, to check orders prepared by Purchasing for technical correctness, to respond to technical queries raised by vendors and, if required, carry out inspections and tests during and on completion of manufacture.
- To manage agreed own and allocated manpower resources such that effort is efficiently spent in the design and procurement of the mechanical, electrical and civil scope of works, all within budget and to programme.
- Liaison with the Site Manager on the status of Material Requisitions and the remaining design activities affecting construction/commissioning.
- If required, to monitor site works ensuring that they are conducted to specification, programme and budget.
- To assist in site testing and site commissioning work where asked to by the Project Manager.
- To ensure that all deviations from and variations to the contract are identified, properly documented and submitted to the Project Manager for approval.
- To assist the Project Manager in the preparation of the Monthly Finance and Progress Report to Senior Management.
- To act for the Project Manager during his absence or when delegated to do so by the Project Manager.
- To manage smaller projects under the direction of the Contracts Manager.
- To comply with all Health and Safety responsibilities commensurate with the role, as outlined in the Health and Safety policy
- To comply with all Environmental responsibilities commensurate with the role, as outlined in the Environmental Management System and the job impacts list.
- Any other duties commensurate with the position as may be assigned from time to time.
A degree or equivalent level qualification in Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering. Demonstrable relevant experience in a project engineering type role.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.