Thermal Process Lead
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Thermal Process Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary project team delivering projects in the Waste Sector, especially in Energy from Waste and Waste Infrastructure.
You will be responsible for Thermal Process aspects of all stages of the design of EfW and Waste Infrastructure projects. This will include:
* Carry out asset audit and surveys into operational EfW sites
* Carry out process calculations and simulations and models
* Produce assessment of waste treatment options
* Prepare initial design development of waste solutions
* Prepare and evaluation of Waste Flow models and Process Flow Diagrams
* Review or production of mass and energy balances
* Review or production of P&ID
* Review or production of Sustainability assessment of technical solutions
* Produce input to feasibility studies
* Involve tender assessment
* Produce technology appraisal
* Review of Contractor submissions
* Witness testing of plant & technical support to construction management staff,
* Write thermal process sections of reports
* Support Planning applications, DCO and Permitting
* Prepare tender documentation and drawings
You will need to communicate effectively and to co-ordinate your work with the rest of the design team.
If you have the right experience and skills, and are keen to join an enthusiastic team delivering quality projects into the Waste Sector, we will be pleased to hear from you.
Skills / Qualifications
You will need to have a good technical understanding of Chemical Engineering principles and should be familiar with the design of Thermal Systems. You will need to be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in the production of good quality written documentation, integrating your work with other discipline areas, and working to programme and budget constraints.
You should be capable of working in a team or independently and have the ability to travel and visit operational and construction sites as required. You should also be proficient in the use of MS Office applications.
As a minimum you will need to demonstrate the following:
* Recent design experience of process design in projects in EfW, including conventional incineration and combustion, gasification, anaerobic digestion, composting, Mechanical and Biological Treatment
* Thermal expertise in boilers, heat exchangers
* Site experience as Process Site Engineer, Owners Engineer Role, Independent Certifier Role, Technical Authority role
* Experience in the production of specifications and /or technical reports
* Awareness of Construction Design & Management (CDM) Regulations and designing for safety
* Eight to ten years post qualification experience to have the skills and knowledge required to undertake this role successfully, but we will also consider less experienced candidates
* Has worked for one of AmecFW's direct competitors or clients
* Awareness of various methods of contract procurement, ideally including the ECC (NEC) and IChemE forms of contract
* Has multi-sector and international experience
* Has experience of working within a design and build environment, as either contractor or consultant
* Has experience of working with and alongside out of country engineering resources in High Value Execution/Engineering Centres
* Chemical Masters or Degree.
* Member of a relevant professional body such as IChemE
* Chartered Engineer
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors. Employing around 35,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2016 revenues of £5.4 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, power and process, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.