Mechanical Applications Engineer
Working closely with our clients busy Sales and Development teams to optimise our customers product designs. This would involve thickness analysis, gate positon/type suggestions, moulding DFM and moldflow analysis. You would prepare DFM reports with Moldflow, if necessary, showing design issues and your suggestions for improvement. You would present this, along with an account manager, to the customer. You would be also able to manipulate the customer CAD and amend as necessary any modifications agreed.
Additional to this.
* Work with Development and Production to design bespoke assembly fixtures and jigs. Produce CAD models and 2D drawings which allow our in-house Toolroom to produce these designs.
* Assist in managing our Chinese mould-tool partner from purchase order to UK production and regularly update Sales and Development.
* Work with Sales to provide initial mouldings support such as projected areas reports and thickness analysis.
* Work with Development and Production on continuous improvement projects.
A team player you would be outgoing and articulate and able to assist our customers using best practise to ensure that the mouldings are robust and meet the customer expectation.
* Team player with an enthusiastic manner.
* Confident in front of customers.
* Solidworks or Equivalent CAD experience. Ability to manipulate/amend models and create 2D drawings.
* Could design jigs and fixtures.
* Creating Moldflow analysis. Training could be provided.
* Ideally degree educated but not essential.
* Extensive knowledge of mouldings best practise and mouldability.
Our suggested applicants are either design engineers wishing to expand into a more customer facing environment with a diverse range of roles. We value experience and accept that applicants may not have a degree.
We would also consider someone at the beginning of their career who wishes to broaden their knowledge of plastic mouldings in a busy progressive company.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.