CNC Machinist and Programmer
Our client have vast experience in servicing high-voltage generators and motors, and their capability to re-engineer and manufacture coils and other rotating electrical equipment components is renowned globally. They also offer a wide range of general mechanical services and they are currently looking for a CNC Machinist and Programmer to be based in Avonmouth.
* You should be skilled in the use of CNC machine tools and off line and on line programing.
* CMM experience would be helpful as our client operates a Romer Arm CMM with laser scanner
Our client has a busy CNC section with some large machinery as follows: - Needs to be spaced and taken out of bullets
* Lathes - Binns and Berry; 8m bed length 1.5m diameter swing, Alfa cam programing off line and a Fanuc control system.
* Ajax premier lathe 3.0m bed length 400mm swing, Alfa cam programing off line and a Fagor control system.
* Tuscan lathe 3.0m bed length 1200mm swing
* Mills - Butler mill, 3m x 1.9m x 1.2m with multi tool changer, Master cam programing off line and a Heidenham control system.
* Target mill, 2.2m x 0.8m Master cam programing off line and a Fanuc control system.
* Semco mill 1.2m x 0.4m, Alfa cam programing off line and an Anilam 3000 control system.
* The engineer should be able to work to verbal instruction, patterns as well as engineering drawings.
* The majority of our work is bespoke one offs so the work is interesting varied and challenging
* The engineer is to ensure the relevant paperwork is completed for all the daily tasks set such as process sheet completion, inspections reports, drawings when required and daily time sheets.
* Ensure work is completed in a safe working manner.
* Undertake additional training as required, including health and safety training.
* The engineer will be required to work a minimum of 5 days a week working from 7.30 to 3.30pm if not employed as a shift worker. Also the engineer will be expected to work overtime which will include extra hours each day and weekends.
** Please note, this is a long term temporary position.
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.