MAINTENANCE GROUP LEAD
MAINTENANCE GROUP LEAD
Do you have experience working with people management in a manufacturing environment? Are you familiar with Six-Sigma and Lean techniques and are you a team player? Then perhaps, you would be interested in becoming our new Group Lead in equipment maintenance!
MHI Vestas Offshore Wind is a fast-paced and growing international company, and we are rapidly becoming a significant player in the offshore wind industry. As our new Group Lead, you will take part in the equipment maintenance activities at our facility on Isle of Wight, where you will guide, lead and motivate employees to deliver high-quality support to the business.
Responsibilities and tasks
You have the responsibility to secure the availability of equipment to the manufacturing process and ensure that the planned and reactive maintenance processes are running smoothly and efficiently in close collaboration with the Production Manager and the other Group Leads. In addition, you can expect the following tasks:
- Ensure safety in own area including allocating resources to safety tasks
- Secure delivering to the specified equipment quality and availability criteria
- Ensure that the maintenance team is working according to the production availability requirements
- Secure that the employees are trained according to the skills development program
- Secure direct and indirect time registration
- Implement 5S in own area including waste streams
- Secure motivation and leadership in own department
- Secure People Review and Motivation and Performance dialogues in own area as part of the company’s annual cycle of HR activity
- Responsible for all people related activities in own area
- Maintaining/control of electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical equipment and hand tools
- Maintain/control of calibration/measurement equipment and systems
- Interrogation of PLC controllers and systems
- Help administer the EAM maintenance systems, with planned and reactive maintenance
- Contribute to supplier evaluation
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate should have proven experience of equipment maintenance in a manufacturing environment. Formal qualifications (HND/HNC/City & Guilds) are required, and electrical qualifications would be of particular interest.
You have at least 3 years of experience working with people management in a manufacturing environment, preferably with chemical and mechanical processes. It is an advantage to have Six-Sigma experience and a wide understanding of Six-Sigma and Lean techniques as well as safety and quality processes and reporting. You are familiar with Microsoft Office and speak, read and write English on a professional level.
As a person, you have the ability to lead, drive and deliver results. You are a team player, who understands how to work in a matrix organisation. You manage and adjust your own behaviours to work effectively in light of new information, changing situations and/or different environments. It is essential to have attention to detail and have good development and improvement skills. Lastly, your personality must reflect the drive to continuously motivate and coach your team towards agreed KPI.
What we offer
We offer you an exciting job in a rapidly growing international company with an outstanding opportunity to make your mark on this business. You will have excellent opportunities for professional and personal development and with our ambition to become global leader in the offshore wind market we provide an inspiring and fast-paced environment.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply via our website - www.mhivestasoffshore.com/people-jobs/
MHI Vestas Offshore Wind is a joint venture between Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) and Vestas Wind Systems A/S established in April 2014. Our vision is to be a leading player in the offshore industry by remaining customer-focused and setting new standards for industry collaboration. We aim to lead growth and co-develop offshore wind as a financially viable and sustainable energy source to benefit future generations. Furthermore, we intend to create a pleasant workplace with challenging development opportunities, flexibility and joint responsibility. We are an international organisation, totalling more than 2000 employees. Our headquarters is based in Aarhus, Denmark, and we have offices in the UK, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and Sweden.