Senior System Engineer - Electronics
Systems Engineer - Full lifecycle
This is an immediate requirement for a Systems Engineer or Senior Systems Engineer with experience of working across the full development lifecycle.
A great opportunity has arisen for a Systems Engineer to work for a leading Electronics design company in the High Wycombe area. This Systems Engineer role will be working in a team responsible for over 40 electronics products. It's a fast passed environment with the opportunity to work on multiple short term projects at one time. You will cover the full lifecycle and take ownership for your own set of products.
JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
Responsibilities for this Systems Engineer role
- Effective management and execution of project Work Packages.
- Understanding and reviewing requirements documentation
- Conducting System Engineering using the outputs of the various engineering teams
- Defining the system's sub-systems and their requirements including hardware and software
- Developing and continually refining the system acceptance strategy, and verification method for each system requirement. This includes writing the Acceptance Management Plan and Test Specifications.
- Ensuring the specification, design and acceptance are fully traceable
- Ensuring compliance of the design to the technical requirements and project constraints (e.g. cost)
- System Acceptance Test Specifications,
- System Functional Test/Factory Acceptance Test Procedures
- Assist with writing the project System Requirements Specifications
- Assist with developing and documenting the System Design through System Design Specifications and Interface Specifications
- Attending training and becoming suitably qualified and experienced to operate equipment independently
Requirements for this Systems Engineer role
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering best practices and common pitfalls.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering methodologies , processes and tools
- Appreciation of electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycles.
- Awareness of safety issues.
- Experience of Systems Engineering in the electronics industry or other relevant environment.
- Experience of the use of Systems Engineering tools.
- Experience of the whole Systems lifecycle.
- Experience of conducting engineering activities in accordance with structured business processes.
- Self-motivated with the ability to define and achieve goals.
- Team player with the flexibility to cross boundaries if required.
- Good Communication and Presentation Skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to write clear, concise, well structured, technical documents.
- Good organisational skills.
- Willingness to embrace new technology.
- Ability to assimilate knowledge quickly across various technical disciplines.
Due to the nature of the work at this site, applicants must be capable of achieving SC level UK security clearance. Current clearance is not a requirement
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.