Health & Safety Officer
Lead H&S Advisor for the business
£30,000 plus pension and fantastic staff bonus scheme.
This vacancy represents an opportunity for a new Health & Safety Advisor to join a progressive mechanical and electrical engineering business that has grown and developed significantly over the last thirty eight years to provide a full M&E services installations to the building industry and direct to end users. Operating out of bespoke built, modern office, the company are able to facilitate their employees in a comfortable and modern building. The company has a positive working ethos which offers our staff opportunities to progress their careers. They offer professional training courses to support the development of career paths for talented individuals, further reflected in their enviable staff bonus scheme.
Now looking for a Health & Safety Advisor, the successful candidate will have held previous Health & Safety advisory position within the construction, M&E (mechanical & electrical) or engineering sectors. This opportunity will suit someone looking to bring their skills, experience and expertise to the table as the central H&S lead, overseeing the entire Health & Safety function for the business. A chance to implement your own quality standards and methodologies, carving your niche in a reputable and growing business.
Main responsibilities will include:
* To report on any Health, Safety and Environmental issues that are raised.
* To produce written reports of inspections carried out and to ensure that all requirements and recommendations are followed up within the agreed timescales.
* Ensure compliance of an implementing health and safety legislation throughout the business.
* To advise on and follow up all health and safety concerns and hazards.
* To deliver staff inductions, training and other programmes relating to health and safety for permanent and temporary workers.
* To provide practical and competent health and safety advice and assistance as required.
* To carry out specific risk assessments and risk management plans in collaboration with colleagues and or relevant departments.
* Develop and deliver a variety of health and safety training courses, including the Nationally Accredited IOSH Managing and Working Safely programmes.
* To investigate and respond proactively to health and safety concerns and incidents ensuring that recommendations are made and implemented following such investigations.
* Carry out health, safety & environmental inspections and audits on a rolling programme as required.
* To contribute to the organisation by running safety committees, and to ensure follow up of items and concerns.
* Work with the leadership team to plan, manage and implement internal Health and Safety projects and initiatives.
The Ideal candidate will have the following -
* Holder of a Nebosh General Certificate or equivalent & recognised Health and Safety qualifications
* Proficient knowledge of UK Health, Safety and Environmental Laws & Regulations.
* IOSH membership at TEC IOSH membership level or working towards.
* Experience of advising Managers and Employees on Health, Safety and Environmental issues.
* Experience of carrying out health, safety & environmental inspections and audits on a rolling programme as required.
* Experience of training managers and employees on various legislations specific to their roles.
* Experience in reporting incidents, accidents and near miss investigations and of subsequent dealing with external bodies (e.g. Health & Safety Executive).
* Excellent written and communication skills and working knowledge of MS Office packages including MS Word and Excel.
Does this Health & Safety Advisor position sound like your next move? - If so, please click the 'apply now' button shown on this vacancy and send us your CV.
Candidate considerations for this position and interviews are happening now. Please get in touch.White Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.