Technical Coordination Engineer - Nuclear New Build
Role: Technical Coordination Engineer - UK Nuclear New Build, Bristol
Location: North-West Bristol, 2 minutes' drive from junction of M4 / M5 motorways
Salary: £25000 - £38000 + good benefits
Start date: Nov / Dec 2017 expected (due to need to obtain security clearance - longer notice will happily be considered for the right candidate)
An exciting opportunity exists for a skilled engineer, ideally fluent in French, to work a Technical Coordination Engineer for our prestigious client in helping to design the next fleet of nuclear power stations in the UK.
This role could suit a young engineer looking to take the next step in their career
Previous nuclear industry experience would be useful, but candidates without this will very happily be considered.
The role will be located in Bristol, 2 minutes' drive off of the junction of the M4 / M5 motorways.
The Technical Coordination Engineer ensures the optimisation of the technical activities by providing support to all engineering teams based in our client's office providing support to EDF's Hinkley 'C' project.
The Technical Coordination Engineer will work proactively and will be responsible for or assist with several of the below listed activities depending on the job/project requirements and the job holder's competences, experience and aspirations:
Implementation and monitoring of engineering methods
* Manages the client's Engineering Manual (identification, allocation and monitoring of the production of the various procedures)
* Ensures consistency and application of engineering procedures within client's scope of activity
* Checks the validity of requests for changes to procedures made by the teams
* Assists in the production of the procedures relating to activities involving different disciplines
* Participates to the 'Method Committee'.
Management of 'Open Point (i.e. missing input data) Process
* Coordinates the management of the open point process over various sections
* Monitors open points via meetings organised with the different sections/groups
Coordination of cross-functional technical issues
* Ensures the resolution of various cross-functional technical issues
* Participates where necessary in coordination meetings organised by the various parties involved in the project (modification committee, project decision meeting, etc.)
Management of the client Technical Risk Register
* Coordinates the contribution of the various client's engineering groups to the client's Technical Risk Register.
* Organises and participates to the different review meetings.
Coordination of Supplier surveillance
* Ensures the coordination and consistency of supplier design activity surveillance in relation with the coordinator in France
* Carries out internal quality control: checks the consistency of the engineering deliverables
* Takes part in the management of experience feedback from previous projects
Qualification, Training & Experience
* Engineer with experience in several engineering disciplines (mechanical, systems, electrical, layout, civil, etc.) is or an Engineer with a great ability to learn is desirable.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
* Knowledge of the nuclear engineering sector is desirable but experience of industrial engineering on large projects is acceptable.
* Knowledge of industrial engineering methods
* Basic knowledge of quality control/internal control/traceability
* Ability to take an overall view of the project and of the various engineering activities
* Mechanics, thermo-hydraulics, I&C is a bonus
* Language(s): Fluent in English, fluency in French desirable.
For the right candidate, or client can offer a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package, and the opportunity to work for a company at the forefront of the UK nuclear new build programme with excellent career development and advancement prospects and international opportunities.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction