Full time, Permanent
We are currently seeking an Acoustic Consultant with at least 2 years minimum experience gained within an acoustic consultancy environment to work on a wide range of high profile design projects in our London studio.
About the role
You will be exposed to the full breadth of our London studio’s disciplines helping to deliver the same high standard of comprehensive and integrated design services that has seen BDP become a leading practice.
You will work closely with clients, architects, engineers and designers to help create successful acoustic design solutions. By undertaking a variety of technical duties on a range of projects across multiple sectors, you will develop your skills and experience in a supportive and friendly environment, while making a key contribution to the acoustics team.
Tasks will include:
- Taking ownership of your own projects, assisted by and gaining knowledge from more experienced consultants.
- Working alongside more experienced acoustic consultants assisting them in finding design solutions on larger schemes.
- Measurement of noise and vibration on various sites, using precision testing equipment.
- Using 3D acoustic modelling software to create both room acoustic and environmental acoustic models.
- Undertaking detailed analysis, determining solutions and preparing technical reports.
Qualifications and Experience:
You will ideally have a degree in a relevant discipline and hold membership of the IOA.
You will typically have 2 years minimum experience gained within an acoustic consultancy environment on a variety of projects and be enthusiastic about developing your skills in providing acoustic technical services within the interdisciplinary BDP ethos.
- You will be able to manage multiple project tasks with differing deadlines and so manage your time effectively.
- You will be a logical thinker who uses reasoning consistently to provide design solutions.
- You will have experience of conducting site surveys.
- You will be experienced in producing detailed reports with technical accuracy.
- As an enthusiastic and communicative team player, you will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment and demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels and backgrounds, including the design team, clients and external consultants.
- Though not essential, you will ideally have some experience of working with some or all of the following software packages: Odeon, Cadna, Insul B&K software suite, AutoCAD, Microstation, Revit, Adobe CS and MS Office.
BDP’s Acoustics team offers a full consultation service and specialises in building and architectural acoustics. Our position within a fully interdisciplinary design practice makes our offer unique, and allows our consultants greater understanding of each design discipline through close working relationships; be that with our architects, engineers, designers or urbanists.
Our projects range from small local investigative studies to £billion international schemes, such as the new $1.8bn Muscat airport in Oman. We are currently working on projects in every sector, including education (academies, secondary schools and universities), retail (including masterplans and mixed use), commercial, infrastructure (air and rail) and residential (housing, apartments, care homes and student residential). We work either as part of an interdisciplinary BDP team or direct to external Clients in the UK or abroad.
The wider BDP is a major international interdisciplinary practice of architects, designers, engineers and urbanists working together to create outstanding 'places for people'.
In return, BDP offers an excellent opportunity for your personal development as well as an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary, profit share scheme, flexible pension allowance, travel allowance, private medical insurance, contribution towards professional subscriptions and a great working environment.
Please click on the ‘apply now’ button and complete the online registration form, please ensure that you include a copy of you CV and portfolio. Please include an indication of your salary expectations.
BDP is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies or third party applications please.