Project Engineer / Process Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Project Engineer / Process Engineer with bulk handling experience (in powder, liquid, plastics, food, granular, aggregates, agricultural, etc.) to successfully deploy innovative industrial machinery and capital equipment projects across Europe. Based in London, the position is advertised nationally to attract the best talent, with relocation.
SALARY: £50,000 - £65,000 basic
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS: Bonus based on individual performance + 25 days holiday + Pension + Private Health Care.
LOCATION: London but role will also require you to travel to Continental Europe for up to 50% of your time, typically for up to 2 weeks – Monday to Friday, returning at weekends.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: 1 hour commutable to London - Cambridge, Norwich, Ipswich, Colchester, Chelmsford, Brentwood, Bedford, Wellingborough, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Stevenage, Luton, Welwyn Garden City, Oxford, High Wycombe, Newbury, Reading, Slough, Basingstoke, Farnborough, Guildford, Brighton, Crawley, Croydon, Reigate, Tunbridge Wells, Seven Oaks, Maidstone.
As Project Engineer / Process Engineer you will be responsible for the design of the client side deployment of special purpose, bulk material, delivery machinery and capital equipment projects.
You will be the Engineering Interface between the client-side technical engineering team, third party suppliers and our internal design team, ensuring that all engineering aspects of a deployment project are supported, from large scale trial stage, through to successful installation and completion.
These Deployment Projects can run for 6-9 months and range in value from €750,000 - €2m.
The Project Engineer / Process Engineer is expected to travel regularly throughout Continental Europe, spending up to 50% on client sites and 50% at our new offices in Central London (you will always be home for the weekends).
* Provide technical engineering leadership for the deployment of our Polymer Management System (PMS), through all key stages, including design, procurement, installation and commissioning.
* Provide technical engineering leadership for the design, construction and testing of large scale prototypes of key deployment components of the PMS, appropriate to the respective client requirement.
* Create and supervise the creation of CAD models, engineering drawings and data, for use by external suppliers and manufacturing partners.
* Liaise with internal Design Engineering team to identify appropriate solutions to meet each client’s requirements.
* Co-ordination of multiple vendors across a broad component design and build range.
REQUIREMENTS: Project Engineer
You MUST have a demonstrable track record of bulk materials handling and/or industrial capital equipment deployment projects, such as complete production lines design and deployment and /or new factory builds or re-design / refurbishments.
You background will be in powder, liquid, plastics, food, granular, aggregates, agricultural, conveying, etc.
In addition you will:
* Hold a Degree level qualification in Mechanical or Design Engineering (2:1 or higher) or equivalent.
* Be experienced in the use of CAD (preferably Solidworks).
* Be willing / able to work across Continental Europe for up to 50% of your time, usually for up to 2 weeks per trip but leaving on a Monday and returning on a Friday in between.
* Have full Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management (EPCM) experience from 3-5 full project life-cycles.
* Be a supremely organised an efficient planner, able to manage multiple projects at varying stages of completion and complexity.
* Be an excellent communicator, able to clearly and concisely articulate potentially complex solutions to a range of individuals.
You are likely to have worked or be working in the following industries and have the following job roles:
* Powder, Liquid, Plastics, Food, Granular Materials, Aggregates, Agricultural, Confectionary, Tannery, Cereal, Bakery, Pharmaceutical, Meat Processing, Milling,
* Process Equipment, Blending Machines, Bulk Handling Equipment, Bulk Storage Equipment, Canning Equipment, Chemical Processing, Complete Turnkey Processing Plant or Lines, Conveyors, Air Conveying, Pumps.
THE COMPANY: Project Engineer – Materials Handling
We are the World Leader helping our clients reduce harmful chemicals and water use within their manufacturing processes. Our innovative, patent-protected technology provides a significant commercial advantage. We are seeking experienced Project Engineers to join the team to help deploy our technology to clients throughout the European market.
NOTE TO CANDIDATE AND RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
All enquiries are to be made to our recruitment partner, Wallace Hind Selection.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Lee Henning quoting Project Engineer reference LH1710-83 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683314 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.