The overall purpose of the role is to supervise and take ownership of progress of works on site and to ensure all H & S provisions are in place. Work with Project Manager and Construction Manager on the planning and coordination and control of site activity.
* Ensure H&S provisions are in place when working on site
* Preparation of Construction Phase Plan(s) and setting up of site(s)
* Management and prevention of change at site
* Verifying that Access / transfer certificates are in place
* Undertake site safety audits on WGM Labour and Contractor on site
* Management of subcontractors on site including the chairing of site progress meetings.
* Ensure all on site RAMS have been audited and amend if need, before being put out to personnel on site.
* Ensuring that materials are on site and labour planned in before work is started on site.
* Ensure daily briefing and TBT are done before the required activities / installation works is carried out on site.
* Ensuring all plant required is available and delivered to site
* Liaison with the project manager and to feedback on milestones and issues that arise on site
* Where required help to produce RAMS for construction and commissioning activities
* Ensure that paperwork / records and certification (where required) is in place and stored
* Attendance at client progress meetings with Project Manager
* Prevention of defects leading to a defect free end product / site installation plus ensure that defects are recorded and closed out on site
* Ensure that quality work is provided on site
* Drive the progress on site to ensure an efficient and quality delivery of the agreed scope
* Site management of CDM sites
* HNC/HND or Equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
* Experience on Water Industry sites
* Awareness of NEC3 Construction & Engineering Contracts
* Awareness of WIMES
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.