Design Engineer - West Berkshire
ROLE- Design Engineer (Mechanical / Industrial)
LOCATION- West Berkshire
SALARY- £30,000- £45,000 per annum dependant on experience.
My client designs and manufactures a variety of plastic and electro-mechanical products and they are looking to take on an experienced Design Engineer, on a permanent basis, in the West Berkshire area.
The Design Engineer will ideally have the following attributes:
* Degree/ HNC/ HND qualified in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design or Product Design
* At least 3 years' experience in a similar design role with transferable skills or with placement experience during a degree
* Proficiency with 3D CAD- any programme will be considered (Inventor, SolidWorks, Creo etc.)
* Previous experience of working on a variety of design projects
* Experience of working with electro-mechanical products or systems is needed
* Experience of working with a variety of materials is essential including injection moulding, sheet metal and casting processes
* Able to work well individually as well as within a team
* Excellent communication skills
The Design Engineer role will involve:
* Contributing to the design of new products involving pneumatics and electro-mechanical aspects
* Using Autodesk Inventor/ Pro Engineer for 3D design work
* Communicating effectively with different team members
* Taking designs right through from concept to production being involved with prototyping too
* Working on the development and improvements of existing products
* Working within the existing design team as the company continues to grow
If you are interested in this position, please apply with an up to date CV as soon as possible, along with your availability and your salary expectation.
Premier are acting as an employment agency