This is a hands on working supervisor position, the overall purpose of the role is to deliver all site based construction elements associated with multi-discipline projects, on-time to fully satisfy customer requirements.
Leading the organisation, H&S, daily activities, of an installation team, to assist with installation Project delivery & commissioning on an ongoing basis.
Communicate well at a site level within the Projects and Construction teams.
* To ensure the continued compliance in relation to health & safety within the Projects Business Stream.
* To ensure "correct first time" installations, continued compliance in relation to quality within the Projects Business Stream and advise on continual improvement based on project delivery "lessons learnt".
* Work with all areas across the business to ensure compliance with processes and delivery of service.
* Supervise and develop members of the construction team, including mentoring and coaching, conducting appraisals and identifying development needs.
* Act on the direction of the project manager and construction manager. To Provide construction resourcing planning and strategy at bid stage.
* Work to approved risk assessments and method statements , lifting plans.
* Work alongside Client Operations Teams throughout the construction phase.
* Receive, and work to drawings for construction at site level. Check construction meets the requirements of design.
* Ensure safe, efficient compliant site delivery, with maximised resource utilisation
* Lead internal direct reports for all EICA & Mechanical Construction teams
* Plan in advance, provision of all documentation, resources, tools, materials, consumables H&S equipment, and transport, to ensure safe and efficient construction. Work in accordance with 1 week and 3 weeks look ahead
* Manage & co-ordinate the delivery, safe handling, off- loading and storage of materials
* Assist in the delivery of Training Plans ensuring they are developed and delivered through site operations structure
* Will assume the duties of a site manager in case of absence.
* HNC/HND or Equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
* Experience on Water Industry sites
* Awareness of NEC3 Construction & Engineering Contracts
* Awareness of WIMES
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.