Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer
Are you an Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer who is looking for a challenging new opportunity, and are based in close proximity to Central London, looking for a £40000 - £45000k salary?
Our client is an ambitious and independent MEP Consulting Engineers who have been in the industry for over 20 years. This modern Practice are experts in their main sector which is office fit out and refurbishment projects. They have an impressive client list consisting of organisations such as Spotify, ITV, Citibank and Blackrock. The majority of their projects are based in the UK but they also work on European projects. They are currently recruiting for an Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer to join their MEP Design team and advise clients, Main Contractors and members of the Engineering team on a diverse portfolio of projects in the CAT A / CAT B office fit out sector. So this is a role for someone adaptable, ambitious, hard working, loyal and trustworthy and ready for fast paced building services with a company that will definitely keep on growing and being a strong force in the UK markets
* Undertake detailed Mechanical engineering building services design.
* Undertake detailed design calculations using Hevacomp and IES and has the ability to cross check the results using hand calculations.
* Ensure service and project work are carried out within agreed deadlines and within budget.
* Preparation of technical specifications and schedules.
* Preparation and contribution to design development reports.
* Plan and manage input to CAD for production of design work.
* Represent the company at meetings with clients, other professionals and suppliers.
* Actively working towards Chartered Engineering status.
Key Skills and Experience
* Has built upon academic learning and applies this knowledge into practical engineering situations.
* Intermediate Engineers who are ready to move into a Senior Engineers position
* Enjoys solving technical problems and how these might make a positive impact on a project.
* Thrives in a team environment and actively engages with team colleagues on work assignments.
* Is able to work on own initiative, without the need for frequent encouragement or reminders.
* Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Working knowledge of CAD software
* Familiarity with Hevacomp and IES
* Must be fluent in English.
* Able to design to British standards
* Bachelors degree (BEng) in Engineering plus typically over 5 years' relevant work experience or equivalent
Job roles like this one don't come up very often, so it shouldn't be overlooked. If you have over 5 years experience working for a consultancy in building services office fit out sector and you want the opportunity to have your say - this is it. Don't waste time in a role where you don't feel fully satisfied, its time to take a risk and get a new role where the projects are exciting, the opportunities for progression are massive, and the job is unique.
The salary on offer is hugely flexible based on the right person, so apply now and get in touch for more details.