Project Manager commutable to Central London to lead projects involved with the deployment of special purpose machinery and capital equipment into industrial manufacturing companies throughout Continental Europe.
Salary: £75,000 to £85,000 dependent upon experience
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, Private Health, Performance Bonus, Equity Incentive Scheme, 25 days Holiday + Stats
Office based: Commutable to central London, up to 50% European travel home at weekends
This role will appeal to you if you:
* Thrive in a complex problem solving environment requiring you to apply innovative thinking.
* Have a passion for engineering and innovative deployment.
* Want to work with disruptive technology re-defining industrial manufacturing processes.
As Project Manager you will be responsible to lead the deployment of the client side special purpose machinery and capital equipment projects into industrial manufacturing environments on time and to budget. Acting as the interface between the client-side technical teams, third party suppliers and our internal engineering design team, you will oversee and lead the projects ensure that workable solutions are identified and the all aspects of a deployment project are supported at each critical stage. You will typically join a project at large scale trial stage and see it through to installation and completion. Depending on their individual complexity Deployment Projects run for 6-9 months and range in value from 750,000 - 2m Euros.
As the Project Manager you are expected to travel regularly throughout Continental Europe, spending up to 50% of your time on client sites, with the other 50% being spent at our new offices in Central London.
* Develop strong customer, vendor and internal relationships and encourage collaborative problem solving.
* Identify project deliverables and specify a workable client solution.
* Selection of system components, lead engineering design teams for the development and prototype build / test of new elements.
* Lead engineering design, procurement, installation and construction of the client solution.
* Ensure that all projects are delivered in accordance to company and regional health, safety and environmental requirements.
* Lead tannery and vendors to deliver project resources on time and to budget.
* Manage multiple projects 2 to 3 in parallel with typical project values of Euros 750K to 2M, time frames 6-9 months.
Requirements - Project Manager
To be successful in your application you MUST have a demonstrable track record of delivering large scale capital equipment projects such as new or substantially modified production lines, new factory builds or redesign / refurbishments.
Essentially you will:
* Hold a Degree level qualification in Mechanical or Design Engineering (2:1 or higher).
* Be able to work across Continental Europe for up to 50% of your time, travelling Monday to Friday and home for the weekends.
* Have full Engineering Design, Procurement, Construction Management (EPCM) experience from 3-5 full project life-cycles.
* Be experienced in managing project budgets and resources to successful conclusion.
Desirably you will:
* Be a highly organised and efficient planner, able to manage multiple projects at varying stages of completion and complexity.
* Possess an energetic, self-starter with a pro-active approach and who can do what needs to be done to achieve project objectives.
* Hold a strong understanding of engineering problem solving, conceptual design and design for manufacture.
* Have a background in industrial engineering projects for production manufacturing environments
In return, we will:
* Provide a platform to enable you to be creative and challenge your hands-on and theoretical engineering capabilities.
* Work for a highly resourced company investing heavily to develop new products for market.
* Provide an opportunity where you can take a lead role in shaping a design led business.
* Invest in you and your career development with a growing technology based company.
COMPANY - Project Manager
Xeros Tanning Technologies is the world leader helping tanneries address their water and effluent management challenges. Xeros is the only company using ground-breaking technology to significantly reduce water in the leather production process, a resource that is quickly becoming scarce, on a global scale. Our innovative, patent-protected technology significantly reduces water and chemistry in re-tanning, which also reduces the resulting effluent, allowing tanneries a significant commercial advantage. Xeros technology works with tanneries’ existing chemical recipes, but is simply more effective at delivering the chemicals into the hide. Xeros seeks experienced mechanical engineers to join the team to help introduce their technology to tanneries, initially with a focus on the European market.
Note to Candidates and Recruitment Agencies:
Please do not contact Xeros directly all enquiries are to be made to our recruitment partner, Wallace Hind Selection.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Jason Cooper quoting Project Manager, reference JC1710-80 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683312 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.