Quality Engineer - Electronic Systems (Defence)
Modis are currently recruiting for a Quality Engineer with experience within the Defence / Aerospace industry for an initial 6 month contract based either in Dorset or Middlesex.
The Quality Engineer supports the relevant Quality Manager, to ensure that the Quality Management System (QMS) is implemented throughout the allocated site, is fit for purpose across all functions, and that approvals are maintained.
Role: Quality Engineer
Rate: £33 per hour
Location: Dorset or Middlesex
Duration: 6 month initially
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: Be able to gain SC level Security Clearance
* Understanding of Quality systems
* Knowledge of the relevant Quality standards / legislation for electronics systems design
* Knowledge of engineering and project management lifecycles
* Knowledge of Quality Standards, ISO 9001, (ideally 2015), or AS9100, TS 16949.
* Knowledge of common defence standards, including DEF STAN 05-57, 05-61.
* Experience of QA from defence, aerospace, automotive, nuclear, or similar sectors.
* Demonstrable experience of applying Quality practices and standards to system design.
* Experience of assessing Certificate of Conformity compliance documentation
* Knowledge of electronic systems used in the defence industry (e.g. Radar, communication, weapon, fire control, decoy, surveillance).
* Working knowledge / appreciation of software, electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
* Awareness of ITAR requirements
If this role is of interest, please click on the button below to apply, or get in contact with the Modis Bristol office.