Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands - Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Job Title: Production Engineer Electrical
Reports To: Operations Manager
Group/Division: Specialty Diagnostics Group/Anatomical Pathology Division
Career Band: 5
Position Location: Runcorn, UK
Salary: Competitive base + 5% bonus + healthcare + pension scheme + additional benefits’
- Provide electronic engineering expertise and fault finding within Operations for a range of products.
- Provide ongoing support of Manufacturing Methods, Procedures, Training, Risk Assessments and Safety in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Ability to validate production cells to meet ISO13485 and FDA requirements
- Provide processes to ensure electrical health and safety, help create and maintain a safe environment for building, testing and faultfinding instruments and their assemblies.
- Use PPI techniques to identify, support and lead improvement projects within manufacturing areas
- Take a lead role in the introduction of Lean manufacturing, including 5S, workstations, test equipment & documentation design.
- Ensure processes have efficient flow, a balanced process and identify ways to reduce TAKT Time.
- Support and work with R&D to ensure the effective introduction of new projects to Manufacturing.
- Design improvements, model them in CAD and prove on test instruments ready for cut-in by EPD.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant technology, production engineering best practice and health and safety requirements.
- Formal Electrical/ Electronic Engineering qualifications
- Degree in engineering preferred, or working towards
Essential Experience Required
- Experienced Electrical Engineer supporting a manufacturing environment
- Ideally experience in supporting an electrical/ mechanical hand assembly operation
- Experience of supporting and leading Lean manufacturing projects
- Ability in project management, report writing & presenting
- Strong analytical skills including data gathering, manipulation and conclusion drawing
- Understands quality systems and knowledge of manufacturing techniques, including lean manufacturing, just in time etc
- Ideally experience of ISO9001/ISO13485 or similar regulated environments
- A working knowledge of IQ OQ PQ and cell validation
- Demonstrated ability in CAD
- Managed transfer of new products from design into production
- Strong technical, analytical and organisational skills.
- Track record of facilitating lean projects
- Can-do, results driven, positive behaviors
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Professional verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to use CAD preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications required.