Field Service Manager x 2
An opportunity has arisen for 2 x Field Service Managers to join an established Engineering firm based in Manchester.
To provide a practical and cost effective service provision to ensure that best practice is followed, costs are controlled and support revenue generation and contribution to the company's operating profit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Point of contact for all Service related enquiries; provision of estimates/costings, confirmation of final costs including obtaining client agreement to accept charges.
* Actively look for new business, canvass clients to anticipate their upcoming requirements and liaise with Sales & Marketing to maximise positioning in terms of obtaining new business.
* Anticipate problems; actively work to minimise any impact to both the business and the client.
* Adhere to defined process and look for process improvement to increase efficiency.
* Work with Supplies Management in the management of stock levels to reduce inventory whilst ensuring capability to satisfy clients requirements to maximise use of working capital.
* Carry out routine service requirements and site visits as required and scheduled by the company.
* Carry out proactive maintenance to all aspects of the installation.
* Respond to emergency callouts to fault find and effect reactive maintenance tasks to bring the installation back to full operation efficiently.
* Carry out upgrade works as required to ensure installations remain in full operational condition and in line with current technology/legislation etc.
* Ensure that all clients are actively informed of work progression, as required, communicate with clients to build relationships and their confidence in the business.
These include; planning, assigning and directing work: appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining agents; addressing complaints, resolving problems and meeting/exceeding the revenue and profit objectives for the Division.
Key Skills and Qualifications
* Full clean driving license is essential.
* Ideally qualified to C&G, ONC, or HNC level
* Minimum 5 years' experience of field service. (The three key disciplines being electrical, mechanical and combustion engineering.)
* Gas Safe qualification (strongly preferable)
* Strong problem-solving ability
* Strong interpersonal and organisational skills, able to communicate effectively via telephone or computer, so computer literacy is a vital asset.
* Fluent in English to a very high standard and possess strong communication skills, as liaison with clients and colleagues is a large focus within the job.
* Additional languages advantageous but not essential.
* Experience in an ISO9001 compliant environment or equivalent an advantage
* CSCS card advantageous as is knowledge of H&S regulations.