Job Title Mechanical Engineer
Job Type Permanent
Salary Negotiable dependent upon experience. (£30,000-£35,000)
Recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to work on a permanent basis for one of our clients who supply electrical systems used on road and rail vehicles operating on public transportation services.
To undertake the engineering required to integrate technology, safety and reliability enhancements onto rolling stock under turnkey projects. This extends from contract award, through design, material procurement, validation and installation. Additionally, as and when required undertake consultancy support work for customers.
* Responsible for delivering solutions to a range of engineering problems related to passenger and freight rolling stock.
* Support the Head of Engineering Technical and Project Managers by managing the engineering solutions.
* Produce non-drawing technical documentation associated with a project, and support the design department in the production of engineering drawings
* Through value engineering identify and specify components, and provide technical support to the procurement team.
* Undertake vehicle surveys.
* Liaise with customers and suppliers.
* Work to agreed procedures for the control of all drawings and documentation.
* Engineering qualification at degree level, or equivalent industry experience.
* Moderate industry experience.
* Technical report writing.
* Excellent working knowledge of MS Office.
* Working knowledge of core engineering skills.
* A good appreciated of the various rail vehicle systems.
* An understanding of the industry structure.
* Detailed knowledge of a number of specialist engineering techniques.
* The ideal candidate with be mechanically biased, with T&RS / turnkey & integration experience, although this is not a necessity.
* Will consider candidates within 2 - 5 years of leaving University and working towards CEng, but the Hiring Manager is also happy to consider Graduates.
Skills and competencies
* Ability to use own initiative to identify solutions to engineering problems.
* Good technical research and comprehension skills.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* The ability to discuss technical issues with experts.
* Competent at administration, time management and planning.
* The ability to work alone and unsupervised, or as part of a team.