Maintenance Manager - Energy from Waste Plant
Maintenance Manager - Energy from Waste
Circa £55,000 + bonus + car allowance + benefits
We are currently recruiting a Maintenance Manager to work at an operational energy from waste power station in East Sussex. This plant processes over 200,000 tonnes of waste per year producing over 19 MW of electricity which is exported to the national grid. The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the maintenance of the plant equipment to ensure minimal breakdowns and maximise plant availability.
What will I be doing?
Reporting in to the Plant Manager, typical duties of the Maintenance Manager will include:
* The management and day to day running of the maintenance department comprising of mechanical, electrical and instrument technicians
* Management of the sites CMMS system implementing planned preventative maintenance requirements whilst ensuring safe and efficient plant operation
* Plan, manage and execute outage / shutdowns working closely with the site engineers and technicians
* Manage and control maintenance sub-contractors
* Manage the department's budget and report on budget performance in line with accounting practices
* Liaising with the Plant Manager and Operations Manager and other key stakeholders regarding site projects, maintenance, outages and plant improvements
* Ensuring all activities are carried out to the highest standard of health and safety.
What experience does the role require?
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
* Supervisory/management experience in an engineering role in the power generation sector as well as being fully conversant with steam raising equipment. Experience in industries such as energy from waste, CCGT, coal, CHP or biomass would suit.
* Ideally, solid knowledge of pressure systems safety regulations (PSSR), rotating plant and boilers etc.
* An engineering qualification such as a degree/HND/HNC in an engineering discipline, ideally mechanical engineering.
* Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments
* Experience of managing budgets
* Excellent, proven leadership skills
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
* A basic salary circa £55,000
* A company car or car allowance circa £6,000 per annum
* A performance related bonus up to 20%
* A contributory pension
* Relocation assistance for those that need it
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.