Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
£55k + Fantastic Benefits
I am currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to contribute to and lead the design and development of mechanical aspects for a range of specialist equipment
With the added responsibility of managing the Mechanical Engineers coupled with workload management and technical mentoring, you will capture design or product requirements and distil into design specifications.
Key accountabilities will include and not be restricted to the following: -
* Lead and manage mechanical design and work with firmware and hardware engineering disciplines in new projects.
* Supervise and carry out mechanical design, this includes simulation and rigorous laboratory testing.
* Supervise and/or carry out mechanical design using appropriate 3D CAD software tools.
* Supervise and compile BOMs for best fit for design requirements, including function, cost and noting implications for and around obsolescence.
* Ownership of own and team members' documentation of designs using CAD software tools.
* Ensure that all work, including design files and other information (e.g. modification records) are kept up to date and recorded as per company quality assurance requirements and applicable international standards. This includes daily notes in personal log books.
* Ensure compliance with departmental processes relating to development of designs as well as design and project management processes.
* Write specifications and technical reports.
It is essential you have the ability to understand and interpret requirements from customer specifications, as is working independently and also as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
You will take responsibility for the delivery of mechanical designs on assigned projects whilst being able to focus on design for manufacture and assembly, cost and performance targets ensuring the design meets its objectives within the processes defined by New Product Development framework.
Being competent in the selection of materials and solutions appropriate to project objectives and supply chain strategy is also key
Educated to degree level (min 2.1) or above in a Mechanical Engineering or related technology subject, you will have extensive experience in product design and development.
Ideally any of the following would also be advantageous: -
* An understanding of relevant aspects of electrical safety (clearance and creepage distances, material groups [CTI / PLC rating] and flammability ratings), and design for EMC compliance.
* Tooling/jig and fixture design experience.
* Familiarity with FEA, injection moulding simulation, Stress Analysis and Flow Analysis tools and techniques.
* Familiar with graphics design using CorelDraw.
* Familiarity with PCB design tools (preferably Cadence Allegro) for data transfer between mechanical and PCB CAD systems.
* Membership of a professional Engineering institute.
If you are interested and would like to apply, then please send through a copy of your most up-to-date CV, together with a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and reference
41788024/SMEMRGKR27, to email@example.com