DuPont Teijin Films is a leading supplier of polyester film based products to a wide range of industries including electronic displays, photovoltaics, security cards, medical test strips, innovative food packaging and others.
Over 2,500 people work with us around the world, while at Dumfries in South West Scotland, our manufacturing site has a team of over 200 people supporting a modern and technologically advanced manufacturing process.
We have close links with the DuPont Teijin Films major global research centre based at Wilton in the North East of England.
A manufacturing engineer is required to join the Dumfries process technology team. You will have a relevant engineering or science degree and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment delivering manufacturing improvements and ensuring manufacturing processes are capable of meeting business needs.
In this role, your primary focus will be to apply your technical knowledge to provide support to the manufacturing process operation in order to maintain and improve on the production performance in terms of yields, capacity and uptime performance. You will also participate as part of a team to upgrade products and processes by implementing modifications ranging from incremental daily improvements to technology game changes as well as providing first response to plant technical, process or equipment issues.
This role is ideally suited to engineers or scientists with direct experience in technically demanding manufacturing processes with the technical and leadership potential to take the next stage in their career development.
- Demonstrate technical and people leadership abilities.
- Be able to use engineering and manufacturing skills, with a mix of practical and analytical approaches, to develop innovative solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Have a passion for continuous improvement and self development.
- Be a team player, able to work closely with technical and operations colleagues, as well as interfacing with product development scientists and external suppliers.
- Be self motivated, able to demonstrate excellent initiative with a high level of commitment and flexibility.
- Have a high concern for standards and attention to detail.
- Have the ability to obtain and present data possessing highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
In return we offer an attractive remuneration package.
Salary from £32K dependent on skills and experience.
This role presents a great opportunity to progress your career with a market leading organisation with a manufacturing presence in Europe, USA and China.
Candidates will be required to have the correct work permit.
To apply for this position, please visit www.dupont.com/careers/emea and apply online (ref. MAN00001491).
Closing date: 23rd November 2017