Senior Mechanical Engineer
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer you will be utilising state-of-the-art methods, technology and tools to explore all aspects of the development life cycle, including stress and thermal analysis, requirements analysis, design, implementation, test, build and product support. You will interface with customers (internal and external) on many factors within the design and liaise closely with Engineers from other disciplines, particularly Systems and Electronics. Mechanical Engineering is a fundamental element of all our products and as such Mechanical Engineering provides the support and environment necessary for learning and career development.
The successful candidate will perform mechanical engineering design in a professional manner and typically include:
* Perform 'hands on' mechanical design and development using 3D CAD software, including 'first-pass' structural analysis to determine if a design is fit for purpose.
* Adhere to standards for mechanical engineering best practice.
* Deliver innovative, optimised engineering solutions.
* Deliver design solutions against requirements, within budget and timescales.
* Develop and coach engineers in terms of technical knowledge and soft skills.
* Contribute to peer reviews.
Key Responsibility Areas
* Seek and share good practice and knowledge locally to continuously improve own practices.
* Working to timescales.
* Work as a contributory engineering team member.
* Mechanical design and development using 3D CAD tools.
* Provide technical direction/support on critical business programmes to ensure delivery of mechanical engineering excellence.
* Provide key support to critical technical problem investigations and deliver effective solutions.
* Mentor design engineers with on-the-job coaching.
* Support and facilitate reviews and sign off release of mechanical designs in accordance with business and industry standards.
* Champion improvements in product manufacturability through effective relationship building and design guidance.
* Build effective cross functional relationships within local site, across business and internationally within group and suppliers.
* Support mechanical management team in process and departmental improvement and development activities.
* Continue professional development throughout your career by formal training, learning "on the job" and keeping up to date with the latest developments which may aid performance.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
* Ideally you will hold a Degree in Engineering
* You should be a Chartered Engineer with IMechE or equivalent. OR
* Alternatively you must possess and be able to demonstrate that you have the UK-SPEC competencies necessary in obtaining Chartered status with the IMechE.
* Engineering design and development - process of delivering products and associated key milestones. Problem solving and simultaneous engineering - structured, logical approach to investigate issues and problems in an effective cross functional manner.
* Mechanical engineering detailed design - first-hand experience of engineering design, numerical calculations, tolerance studies, etc.
* Experience with a variety of materials.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.