Principal CAD designer
Our Client, a successful systems integrator are looking for a Principal CAD Designer to join them reporting to the Chief Mechanical Engineer. This role will be to support the Mechanical CAD Design Team on Military Programme Projects using Creo Elements (3D CAD) in the development of Machinery Automation Products and Commercial Radar for use in the Marine Industry.
As the Principal CAD designer you will be responsible for:
- Producing 3D Models, outline and details drawings of products and components. These must be dimensionally accurate and toleranced to ensure interchangeability.
- Producing parts lists which are comprehensive and accurate using whichever system the Company is operating for this purpose.
- Producing Assembly drawings which define the manufacturing assembly and locate and itemise the components.
- Producing installation drawings which provide the necessary data to an installer of the product.
- Producing and recording clear and accurate layouts for products and equipment which ensure the dimensional accuracy of details and show sufficient detail to avoid mechanical fouls (interference) and ensure interchangeability. To maintain these at an adequate standard throughout development to allow modification of designs.
- Carrying out checking and modification work on existing drawings and designs ensuring interchangeability and fit.
- Where appropriate producing circuit and block diagrams..
- Where appropriate duties will also include maintenance and management of a parts data base library(s) for CAD systems.
- Assisting where appropriate and requested with assembly of first off builds, providing the individual concerned is in agreement.
- Where appropriate undertake visits to subcontractors to agree designs or investigate problems provided that mutually agreed transport facilities are provided.
- Where appropriate, and requested, assist and supervise junior staff and those carrying out allied functions in the completion of their duties.
- Maintain work areas to a good level of tidiness and cleanliness.
- Maintain basic records on information received for design purposes and alteration using the Development Change Note (DCN) and later the Production Change Note (CN).
- Carry out any reasonable task requested by the Chief Engineer(s) or Project Manager(s), and mutually agreed between the persons concerned, where booking numbers for time sheets are provided.
- Complete and obtain authorisation on the required time sheets in a timely fashion.
- The designer shall self-check all work before presenting for approval and achieve a minimal level of corrections.
As a Principal CAD Engineer you will have:
- A HND/HNC in Mechanical Engineering
- A good knowledge of Manufacturing techniques
- The ability to perform manual calculations
- An excellent understanding of the Design Process.
- Have previous experience of working on Military Projects.
- Be eligible for Security Clearance
Please get in contact for more information.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.