Provide practical and professional advice and interpretation on health, safety, quality, environmental, CDM legislation and international standards, company policies and best practice to managers and business leaders to support them in achieving excellent performance in all areas of SHEQ ensuring the Company complies with legal requirements, international standards and promotes a culture which enhances its reputation and minimises its impact on the health and safety of employees and others
* Responsible for maintaining up to date knowledge of Safety, Environmental, quality standards and CDM Regulations
* Responsible for maintaining up to date knowledge of ISO standards (9001, 18001, 14001)
* Responsible for Contributing to the Global SHEQ Agenda for example global safety standards and gap analysis
* Responsible for maintaining the internal management system across group and subsidiary businesses
* Responsible for providing SHEQ advice, information and training up to senior manager level
* Responsible for Liaising with external regulatory bodies / Government departments / Specialist parties
* Responsible for collating SHEQ information, statistics, gap analysis, data trends and present to management groups
* Responsible for taking the lead / coordinating external audits for the business i.e Achilles, LRQA, ISO, customer
* Extend SHEQ remit to subsidiary businesses within the Group and supply chain
* Responsible for carrying out SHEQ reviews/ audits of branch network, CDM project sites, Electric power contract sites, business projects and support project delivery in supplier audits.
* Responsible for carrying out accident investigation, ensuring where appropriate they are reported to external regulatory bodies to include the publication of necessary reports.
* Responsible for the cause mapping / route cause analysis of accidents and significant incidents. Compile highly technical, engineering related reports, brief management groups and direct the required remedial action.
* Responsible in supporting the mechanical and electrical safety committees from an SHEQ perspective.
* Responsible for Coordinating and chairing the projects EH&S Steering Group with the senior management team.
* Responsible for Supporting management groups in on site risk assessment of specialist projects, risk assessment / method statement review and ensuring requirements under CDM regulations (construction design management) are implemented.
* Direct managers to maintain compliance by interacting with external providers e.g. Statutory Inspections, Asbestos/DESEAR/Legionella assessments/ HAZOP Studies etC.
* Responsible for ensuring fire risk assessments are maintained across the branch network and carryout Level 1 / 2 internal assessments as required.
* Engage with customers, external working groups on SHEQ matters and investigation findings.
Knowledge, skills and experience
* Hold a SMSTS / CDM (Construction Design Management) Qualification
* Substantial knowledge and experience of CDM (Construction Design Management) regulations and application in a very technical and highly hazardous environment
* Substantial experience in the role of site / construction / project manager or similar in order to act in an advisory capacity to management teams within the business and understand the complex nature of the work.
* Substantial engineering experience covering power generation up to 33Kv, complex electrical and mechanical systems and civil engineering and significant exposure to complex multi-million-pound projects High
* Current member or working towards professional membership of Institute of Occupational Health and Safety (Tech / Grad IOSH)
* Engineering qualifications - NVQ Level 3 / Advanced Apprenticeship
* Minimum NEBOSH General certification
* Internal auditor 9001 training certificate
* IT skills, able to design and deliver presentations, Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft project
* Project Management skills to lead business / continuous improvement projects
* NEBOSH Diploma / NVQ level 5
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long-term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please send your CV for more details. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 7 days of your application you have not been successful on this occasion.