Are you a Mechanical Engineer with nuclear experience looking for a new opportunity with good potential to progress?
We are recruiting for a permanent Mechanical Engineer to work on the full lifecycle of nuclear decommissioning projects, from bid stage right through to completion. The Mechanical Engineer will integrate operational engineering multi-disciplines teams delivering projects at various phases, from FEED to commissioning, or in assistance to Plant Operation in the UK.
Our client is a global nuclear company with some high profile decommissioning contracts who are planning for high growth of their medium sized team in Warrington.
The assignments will be on projects including:
* Delivering technical studies,
* Designing mechanical processes, from strategic and conceptual phases to detailed design and construction & commissioning phase support. Typical deliverables will be issued: technical note, substantiation notes, mechanical flow diagrams and flow-sheets, mechanical drawings, P&IDs, and mechanical layout drawings, hazards and malfunctions management, technical specification documentation review from supply chain
* Technical studies related to mechanical handling for both handling operations and heavy mechanical transfer systems, powder mechanical processes (transport, milling, and compaction) in high active environment and gloveboxes, compaction and mechanical dismantling technologies.
* Technical networking internally, including with company experts.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Engineering delivery experience ideally for UK nuclear sites,
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent,
* Demonstrable experience of engineering design and mechanical studies delivery
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.