Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer - Full lifecycle
This is an immediate requirement for a Systems Engineer or Senior Systems Engineer with experience of working across the full development lifecycle within a regulated industry.
A great opportunity has arisen for a Systems Engineer to work for a global leading Research and Design organisation in the Abingdon area. This role will be part of a new team of Systems Engineers looking to change the company's development process to incorporate a tougher Systems Engineering design style.
You will be able to set the standard for the application of Systems Engineering in this new Energy sector. This would include the development of the design & realisation of complex systems for Energy Generation, advanced robotics and other associated technologies.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working on complex systems across the full lifecycle
JOB DESCRIPTION & REQUIREMENTS
Responsibilities for this Systems Engineer role
- Covering the technical development of systems from project initiation to entry-into-service
- Researching, capturing, developing and managing requirements and verification information from all levels of the V diagram
- Undertaking system architecture studies to identify preferred & optimal candidate solutions, taking into account design trade-offs between subsystems, new technology opportunities & risks, requirements, and project cost & time constraints
- Identifying and managing the development of plant, system and subsystem interfaces
- Undertaking system-level failure analyses to improve product reliability & safety, and inform technical risk management
- Developing and maintaining the functional and physical architectures / definitions of systems
- Train the organisation in System Engineering and Systems Thinking
- Develop and implement policy and guidance on best practice.
Requirements for this Systems Engineer role
- A relevant degree or equivalent
- Experience of systems engineering
- A track record of working in multi-disciplinary teams, developing complex systems
- Able to quickly grasp the basics of an engineering concept and explore wider implications
- Demonstrable experience of taking a leading role in teams engaged in an engineering development activity
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and deliver significant work-packages on time, in full
- Experience of interacting with experts across a range of engineering disciplines e.g. mechanical, electrical, software, Integrated Logistic Support (ILS), Human Factors (HF), control and analysis
- Proven ability to develop Systems Thinking skills in the broader organisation
- Proactive and self motivated
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
Due to the nature of the work at this site, applicants must be capable of achieving SC level UK security clearance. Current clearance is not a requirement.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.