Senior Mechanical Engineer
The ideal candidate should possess and be able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge:
* Producing/reviewing feasibility studies, detailed design and calculation, value engineering, HAZOP & DSEAR studies, specification and selection of process equipment, tender assessments, and reports as well as undertaking site inspections and asset condition assessments. In addition, experience is required in producing/reviewing project documentation Designer's Risk Assessments, engineering specifications, data sheets, P&IDs, plant layout drawings, technical schedules.
* A detailed knowledge in the field of mechanical engineering design and installation, specialising in the Water Industry, in particular significant experience of producing mechanical design for pumping stations and water/wastewater treatment works, in particular pumping systems design and calculation.
* Specific experience in the Water Industry, design experience according to UK codes and standards would be an advantage
* Design and construction experience in a multidisciplinary, multi-company environment is essential
* Supervision of mechanical installations on site and commissioning mechanical plant would be an advantage
You will work as part of a team and independently to:
* Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques and procedures
* Make recommendations for design, upgrade, and improvement
* Assist senior design process engineers as needed on large complex projects
* Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines
* Travel as needed for projects to support design, implementation, start-up and maintenance of projects
* Maintain a mindset of health & safety in all aspects of project execution, office and personal environments
* Liaise with internal and external clients to develop relationships across the business and cooperation with engineers and designers across other disciplines
* Mentor and develop team engineers and technicians
Minimum qualification requirements:
* Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
* Chartered Status desirable
* Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.