* Ensure that products are engineered to the highest standards, are inherently reliable, efficient to manufacture & meet all specification & cost requirements.
* Approving of design calculations & drawings & overall design approval.
* Delivery of defined product development and improvement projects to time, budget and specification.
* Check & Verify all necessary design calculations & analysis to ensure a robust, reliable solution in accordance with intended application and design codes including the Boiler and Pressure Vessel codes (ASME VIII, ASME IID, PED) and other national and international valve codes.
* Experienced in material selection & able to navigate through design codes / standards to achieve a defined engineered and compliant product every time. Check and approve material selection and structural design engineering changes.
* Engineering investigations, design verification & value engineering of existing products & designs.
* Be responsible for product master technical files (drawings, specifications technical files and bill of materials) meet with requirements of PED and other required pressure codes to support the product portfolio from manufacture, assembly, test, operation and overhaul.
* Support the Technical Manager in ensuring the engineering processes and procedures are robust, be followed and are auditable. Also support the Engineering Manager in helping the team to achieve such operational targets and service levels as are specified from time to time. Maintain compliance with all ISO standard and H&S for which the company has accreditation or is working to achieve accreditation.
* Provide consultative support across the Engineering group for new or existing designs. Act as a Senior Engineer in a position of responsibility for technical authority/sign-off within the Engineering hierarchy.
* Help develop the engineering competence of engineers e.g. training, mentoring and coaching, including supporting the development of engineers
* Keep abreast of developments in materials and production technology in order to contribute authoritatively to current & new programmes of cost reduction and product development
* Technical problem solving and resolution both in house and externall
* Be fully conversant with machined parts, how to tolerance & dimension engineering drawings
* Develop exciting, new, leading-edge designs in line with Business strategy and identify potential new products or opportunities. Engage in new product development and develop existing product portfolio through standardization, ensuring designs are value engineered to optimise material and manufacturing opportunities
* Delivery of defined product development and improvement projects to meet time, budget and specification targets as agreed in business cases
* Maintain up to date technical knowledge/skills and use these to provide technical leadership
* Ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with design, safety, quality and procedural standards, and also complies with the relevant national and international legislation applicable to the specific products.
* Release of documentation into the company documentation and design management system
* BSc or MSc in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience.
* Member of relevant professional body (i.e. IET, IMechE, IED etc.) and attained Chartered Engineer (CEng) status or working towards
* Ideally experienced in structural Engineering methodologies, hand calculations and software tools (FEA, MathCAD)
* Ideally experienced in Pressure System calculations
* Experience of using 2D/3D packages (Solid works ideally)
* Experienced in material selection, casting techniques & able to navigate through design codes / standards to achieve a defined engineered and compliant product
* Experience in development engineering / product engineering / product design background.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.