Supplier Quality Engineer
Supplier Quality Engineer
£45k + Fantastic Benefits
I am currently looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) to be responsible for coordinating suppliers and verifying quality standards in accordance with the requirements at hand.
You will be in charge of performing regular supplier audits to ensure compliance with regulatory standards, as well as actively participating in strategic development based on quality control plans; suggesting structural quality and process improvements, and collaborating with other engineers in a team environment.
Additionally, you will identify technical problems with suppliers and implement corrective actions; increase quality reliability, using your engineering and technical skills to execute tools for calibration systems, and regulate product transition requirements.
It is key you will maintain accurate quality records, certifications, and databases; conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travel to assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion. In addition, you must manage process controls, establishing schedules for reviewing supplier and quality performance, as well as measures readiness throughout the product development cycle.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
* Report supplier performance and quality to management (Supplier Quality KPI & metrics)
* Assist in the development and implementation of supplier improvement programs
* Track and qualify or disqualify suppliers according to organization's standards
* Maintain successful relationships with supply, engineering, manufacturing, and other departments
* Lead/Monitor Quality status & sampling activities (PPAP) on savings/XPD projects
* Verify and validate supplier capability and product /process controls are aligned with company specifications and requirements
* Manage High impact suppliers' Quality issues
* Supplier Quality KPI & metrics
* Work in partnership with suppliers to ensure robust corrective and preventative actions where required.
You will be Degree qualified in Engineering with experience in similar position - preferable if in pumps or electrical motor industries with ideally the following: -
* Knowledge of Manufacturing standards
* Lean Six Sigma certifications beneficial
* Previous experience in a quality supervising capacity
* Used to work with technical drawings, standards and specification
* Experience on choosing right mechanical and electrical measurement equipment
* Knowledge of ISO 9001 and 17025 - must have attitude in developing reliable standard work in cooperation with production and support the implementation of the end line testing machines
* Ability to work with data: from key business metric monitoring (PPM- FPY - Costs) takes actions at supplier level to assure continuous improvement
* Statistics monitoring system (like process capability and MSA) is required
* Structured team based problem solving techniques (A3/8D etc)
* Ability to travel to supplier premises and other Xylem sites will be required periodically to establish common systems and partake in company initiatives (commodity strategy, project reviews, idea generation, etc.).
* Computer literate, notably proficient in MS Access and other MS Office programs
* Good communication skill in written and spoken English is mandatory
If you are interested and would like to apply, then please send through a copy of your latest CV, together with detailed cover letter and reference 41787990/SQEXRYKL27, to email@example.com