Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Location: Cardiff, South Wales
Salary: Up to £30k PA (Dependant on experience)
Hours: Will be required to work an alternative 3 shift pattern
I am currently looking for a Maintenance Engineer located in Cardiff for a leading UK Manufacturer of non-combustible core internal, external and ceiling composite panels.
* The primary objectives of role would be to support and maintain the operations of a continuous production line under supervision of the engineering team.
* Successful individual will be part of a multi-discipline maintenance team providing a supporting role and be willing to step in and out of operator duties as necessary.
Responsibilities & Duties:
* Must have a good, varied understanding of electrical systems, performing all reasonable job requests to the highest level. Experience of motors, VSDs, PLC and communication systems are essential.
* Understand fault finding and diagnostic techniques and shall understand engineering circuit schematics.
* To understand mechanical concepts (inc. pneumatic and hydraulic systems) and to drive improvement project.s
* Welding and Fabrication skills would be an advantage.
* Seek to continually improve the production performance, focusing on reducing scrap levels and line utilisation.
* support the engineering team by carrying out systematic and continuous improvements to plant and machinery to improve existing manufacturing processes. This may involve out of hours working.
Education & Experience:
* Experienced engineer with a good and varied understanding of plant operations.
* The successful applicant will have completed a full engineering apprenticeship in a multi-disciplined role.
If you are interested and would like to apply, then please send through a copy of your most up-to-date CV, together with a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and reference JL/41788028, to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Joe Lister on 0161 233 0034