This job is no longer available
Unigraphics NX Engineer / Designer
Main Purpose of the Job:
To provide high quality engineering design to support the Design & Substantiation team
Security Clearance: Required
Location: The position will be based at the Sunderland office, however travel to other Assystem offices and customer sites throughout Europe may be required.
Due to recent engineering contract awards, Assystem are currently seeking a Unigraphics NX Mechanical Engineer/Designer to join its growing energy and nuclear design team in Sunderland. Technical experience in mechanical handling equipment is a requirement and experience in remote handling equipment for the nuclear industry would be advantageous.
The position is ideally suited to a high calibre, innovative and technical Mechanical Engineer/Designer who is fully competent in Unigraphics NX along with appropriate industry experience.
The role will involve Unigraphics NX modelling / drafting in conjunction with engineering and design duties in supporting the design and substantiation team. You will be required to translate design concepts into design schemes and evolve these schemes into engineered layouts, assembly drawings and detailed drawings, either by working as an individual or as part of a team.
Typically during the course of a project, the following duties may be required:
- Translate technical specifications into design concepts.
- Translate design concepts into design schemes and evolve these schemes into engineered layouts and assembly drawings, either by working as an individual or as part of a team.
- Modify models and assemblies to optimise the design for stress/fluid analysis.
- Check arrangement, sub-assembly, and detail engineering drawings produced by others.
- Produce schemes in support of sales proposals.
- Detail mechanical, electrical or systems equipment in accordance with British Standard, or other client standards, sufficient for the manufacture or purchase of such items.
- Contribute to technical reports and feasibility studies.
- Provide guidance to technicians, sub contractors or suppliers during manufacture, assembly, commissioning and test of equipment in support of projects ensuring that this is carried out in a safe manner.
- Provide guidance for workshop development of equipment designed by the company or equipment provided by the client for incorporation into a design.
- HNC, Degree or equivalent qualification in an Engineering discipline
- Proficient in Unigraphics NX (ideally v2), part & assembly design and 2D drafting.
- Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering, Plant/Process Design or Nuclear Equipment Design would be beneficial.
- Computer literate in MS Office 2003 (Outlook, Word, Excel & Powerpoint)
- Able to work alone or part of a team
- Able to work in a professional manner in accordance with company procedures and issued instructions.
If you think you could be part of an innovative, professional organisation, then we would like to hear from you.
Please forward your CV to Becky Hurley via the apply now button or call - 0191 516 7957 for further information.
For more information about Assystem visit www.assystem.com