This job is no longer available
Proposal Manager (Pricing)
The role is Glenrothes based and supports all UK pricing activities. It seeks to apply a consistent and adaptable approach to the pricing activity across sites, addressing the needs of both ourselves and our Customers. The role involves developing and growing the capabilities of the team, addressing the development and training needs of both the individual and the team as a whole. The team supports the business within through our lifecycle process (IPDS). Their role involves the development and analysis of pricing, with the support of inputs from all functions. The pricing team is sought out by other functions for our specialist knowledge and financial acumen.
- Assist in the prioritization of workload, allocate workload to team.
- Ensure a consistent approach to Pricing support within the team.
- Address the development and training needs of the individual and of the team.
- Ensure lessons learned are shared with the team as a whole.
- Support the business lifecycle process, attending the Gate 3 (bid / no-bid meetings) and the Gate 4 (proposal approval) and any other Gates deemed appropriate.
- Review and understand the customers request for quotation.
- Work with the Functions and the Program Management to ensure that the Pricing is structured to meet both internal and external reporting requirements.
- Process inputs through the RSL standard Pricing tool
- Run and report on any pricing scenarios requested.
- Liaise with other personnel within Finance and other functions in order to exchange our specialist support / knowledge.
- Prepare Pricing analysis / data to support the RSL gate 3/4 & any customer requested supporting data
- Proactive leader and commercial thinker with experience of driving proposals
- Sound business acumen and ability to bring competitor knowledge and past experience in programs into our pricing scenarios
- Accuracy , attention to detail and able to manage workloads to tight deadlines
Raytheon Company with 2010 sales of $25 billion, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 89 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 72,000 people worldwide.
With 1,350 employees in the UK, the company is a trusted supplier to the national security, defence, government and commercial markets. Raytheon’s U.K. focus areas include Intelligence Reconnaissance and Surveillance, Border Security, Network-Enabled Capabilities, Precision Effects, Mission Support and Global Training Solutions.
From advanced defence services to national security systems, Raytheon delivers proven and innovative technology that helps keep our nation’s forces safe and plays a critical role in our country’s safety and security. Raytheon’s reputation throughout the U.K. has been proven throughout more than 100 years of designing and developing advanced technology in Britain, with operating sites in England, Wales, and Scotland.