This job is no longer available
Trelleborg AB is a leading international engineering and manufacturing group with 100 production plants and over 20,000 people across 40 countries. Trelleborg Offshore, with its UK Engineering & Technology Centre of Excellence, is committed to mentoring and developing your career in parallel with reinforcing our unrivalled levels of expertise & know-how in utilising advanced materials and delivering high integrity solutions for the harshest offshore environments.
There is a need to attract high calibre candidates with the potential and desire to apply your talent around the world, in a fast paced and dynamic multi-sited international business.
Excellent Packages + Relocation Assistance + International Prospects
UK Based - North West & West Midlands
Working within ‘Innovation and Technology’ in the North West, you would join a multi-skilled engineering team, whilst in the West Midlands you would be the sole design engineering and draughting resource. In both cases you’ll provide ‘hands-on’ expertise in direct support of customer driven projects, sales and manufacturing in a role that would involve:
- Reviewing of client specifications, identifying technical/engineering requirements
- Ensuring timely completion of complex design engineering work, including specifying & supervising testing
- Developing engineered solutions, identifying the design methods and techniques required to satisfy the design basis; undertaking appropriate design calculations & mathematical modelling etc
- Selecting materials and developing product designs, whilst considering technical, commercial and manufacturing constraints
- Liaising with other Design Engineers, Sales, Project Management, Materials Development and Draughting functions within the business, in order to specify products that meet clients’ requirements and satisfy Trelleborg Offshore’s commercial and technical standards
- Conducting engineering presentations to clients in pursuit of sales and generating designs that satisfy the requirements of the design basis
Pro-active, innovative and flexible, with a positive ‘can-do’ approach – these are the principal characteristics critical to the success of anyone joining this organisation and your career to date should visibly demonstrate a clear ability to add real value to the ongoing performance of a growth-focused business. In short, we’re seeking Degree qualified engineers whose personality and drive is balanced with proven design engineering experience gained in a technically challenging, high integrity mechanical, structural, fabrication engineering environment using advanced materials technology. A full job description is available on request.
Click ‘Opportunities’ on www.mva-recruit.co.uk to view ‘Trelleborg Offshore Introduction’
To apply, simply email your CV & salary details, together with any initial questions to:
Michael Verity, Managing Director, MVA via the 'APPLY NOW' button