This job is no longer available
Project Engineer/Senior Project Engineer
- Be part of a hugely ambitious new electrification programme
- Lead design and construction work across varied projects
- Work closely as part of a project team, including consultants and contractors
- Enable us to work safely, efficiently and cost-effectively
If you’re looking for the most exciting opportunities in engineering, your search ends here. Revitalising Britain’s railway, our remit’s as vast as it is challenging – we’re involved in some of the most diverse, ambitious ventures Britain has ever seen, including Crossrail, Europe’s largest engineering project.
The rail industry has now embarked on the most ambitious new £2bn electrification programme Britain has seen for more than 30 years. Needless to say, this presents us with massive challenges and opportunities for the future – and to meet them successfully, it’s vital that we have a world-class team in place. As a result, we’re now seeking more outstanding engineers to join us, and help us deliver innovation and efficiency in line with challenging timescales.
The role is responsible for leading the engineering aspects of design and construction activities Working closely with others to ensure that the stakeholder requirements are met. This role will be technically challenging as we develop new ways of working and introduce Electrification for the first time to parts of the UK.
The role involves close working with a range of stakeholders internally and externally and will require excellent technical and interpersonal skills to develop joint solutions that deliver safety, efficiency and meet the ambitious programme.
The senior role will also be expected to have a good multidisciplinary understanding and ensure that different design and construction activities are integrated effectively. The role maybe expected to lead teams of engineers and be responsible for their personal development.
- Engineering experience in the Railway Electrification Field or similar related industry
- Relevant technical qualification
- Good grasp of CDM and working in a complex multi-disciplinary environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The senior role also calls for membership of a relevant professional body and experience of major contracting
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to creating a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
To find out more about this position and apply, please visit networkrail.co.uk/engineeringcareers and click on reference IRC598781
Closing date: 31st July 2012