This job is no longer available
Test and Commissioning Engineer
- Be part of a hugely ambitious new electrification programme
- Undertake testing and commissioning activities across our various schemes
- Work closely with project managers, consultants and contractors
- Enable us to work safely, efficiently and cost-effectively
If you’re looking for the most exciting opportunities in engineering, your search ends here. Revitalising Britain’s railway, our remit’s as vast as it is challenging – we’re involved in some of the most diverse, ambitious ventures Britain has ever seen, including Crossrail, Europe’s largest engineering project.
The rail industry has now embarked on the most ambitious new £2bn electrification programme Britain has seen for more than 30 years. Needless to say, this presents us with massive challenges and opportunities for the future – and to meet them successfully, it’s vital that we have a world-class team in place. As a result, we’re now seeking more outstanding engineers to join us, and help us deliver innovation and efficiency in line with challenging timescales.
You’ll undertake testing and commissioning activities for a range of Electrification projects. It’s a challenge that’ll see you developing and reviewing plans and strategies, leading or supporting the delivery of testing and commissioning, and providing expert technical guidance to project managers. In addition, you’ll assist with investigations and inquiries as necessary.
- Relevant Technical Qualifications
- Working knowledge of Testing and Commissioning procedures and standards
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and best practice
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and in writing
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to creating a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
To find out more about this position and apply, please visit networkrail.co.uk/engineeringcareers and click on reference IRC599697
Closing date: 31st July 2012