This job is no longer available
The successful candidate will be a degree-qualified and chartered engineer with a least 10 years relevant experience in mechanical, structural, marine or naval architecture disciplines.
Specific requirements include:
- A broad range of experience in the design of various mechanical and
- Solid theoretical grounding in strength of materials and fatigue analysis.
- Proficient in preparation of hand calculations to assess strength and fatigue life
of both mechanical and structural components.
- Proficient in the use of finite element analysis techniques. Familiarity with ANSYS
products would be an advantage.
- Familiar with structural design codes and Class Rules.
- Familiar with common engineering materials, including welding, heat treatment and
non-destructive testing requirements.
- Extensive practical experience with a solid appreciation of manufacturing, maintenance and corrosion issues.
- Familiar with inspection and certification requirements.
- Offshore experience.
- Ability to liaise effectively with workshop staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a proven ability to effectively
express opinions and resolve contentious issues.
Duties would include:
- Design of marine structural components.
- Design of mechanical components.
- Design of lifting appliances.
- Design of modifications to offshore support vessels and Mobile Offshore Units, from concept to completion.
Please apply to:
Whittaker Engineering Ltd
Or go via the apply button